+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Wrexham 18.08.19

Just arrived in deepest Norfolk after shooting straight off after the game which I have to say was actually a good game to watch. Wrexham are one of the better teams in this league and we kept them t9 just one shot on target which unfortunately they scored with. Twenty attempts by Notts means it looks like we might have something to be optimistic about especially with the next couple of fixtures which are probably falling at just the right time for us.

Denis playing like he’s got a point prove. Booty looks like a great signing. I thought Turner had a very good game today and I honestly believe Rose had a cracker because he had confidence in Doyle being back in the team and knowing he could loosen up a bit safe in the knowledge his skipper will be there to mop things up if he needed him. Regarding Doyle, I was glad to see the back of him for a few games but today he had a very good game, the odd misplaced pass but never stopped running, tackling and looking for the quick option which Denis, Thomas and to some extent Enzio offered today.

Their goal was quite fortunate in that Booty was quite literally blowing out his ar5e before he fell on it allowing their player the space for the shot. Also, not sure about Rawlinson at RB but we have seen worse there.

All in all much improved, looked like a proper team and once the fitness levels are right and the players get to know each other a little better You would like to think based on that performance we have much to look forward to.

Yeah, promising signs for the future. I can’t get quite as optimistic as some others, we went to sleep for the last 25 minutes of the first half, and the finishing was obviously crap, but we showed much more attacking potential than of late.

I thought we were miles better than Wrexham in pretty much every department(except for scoring goals). If they’re supposed to be one of the top teams, it means top 7 is a minimum for us this season. I imagine the owners and the budget would suggest that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah, promising signs for the future. I can’t get quite as optimistic as some others, we went to sleep for the last 25 minutes of the first half, and the finishing was obviously crap, but we showed much more attacking potential than of late.

I thought we were miles better than Wrexham in pretty much every department(except for scoring goals). If they’re supposed to be one of the top teams, it means top 7 is a minimum for us this season. I imagine the owners and the budget would suggest that as well.
    I would have taken the point before kickoff.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Where were you, kevington?? You OK??? Good performance by Notts, should have won 3 or 4-1, finishing let us down but at least you can see the start of some progress, hopefully???
    OK Thanks mate, long story but I had a fall(been for xray & nowt broken) now right leg twice the size of left,bruised from arse to ankle,hobbling about with a stick & unable to drive or walk any distance. Hopefully will be back for Chorley let's hope the progress continues.

I tried posting yesterday but looks like things are maybe finally coming together and we are starting to look like a team, that's all that we all want irrespective of manager so keep going Neal, it might be the start of something good for once at notts.

On holiday in Dorset at the moment so I missed the game. Managed to listen online though. With comments on here and twitter etc, things really seem to be coming together. Its great to be feeling enthusiastic again. Looking forward to Ebbsfleet on saturday. Coyp. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I tried posting yesterday but looks like things are maybe finally coming together and we are starting to look like a team, that's all that we all want irrespective of manager so keep going Neal, it might be the start of something good for once at notts.
    Sounds like a big improvement. Like other posters, I would certainly have taken a point before the game, but it seems we were unlucky to not get all thee. If Wrexham are one of the favourites, that's a promising sign.

I know we had a messed up summer, but given the signings we've made, and seeing a taster of the quality of this league, I'd say we should really be aiming for a top-half finish, or even the playoffs if we can hit some form. Why not? I know a few weeks ago I would have taken 5th bottom, but we do appear to have some decent players for this level.

It's probably still too early to say. We'll know more by the end of the month.

It was a good performance yesterday, we actually took the game to them and looked like the home team for once. Rose was back to his best and nobody had a poor game. We created enough good chances to have won the game, now we have to take this improvement to Ebbsfleet and Chorley and turn it into points.

Really enjoyed the match, cracking game. We were well worth the point, and should really have had all three. Much more solid in all departments. Still a work in progress, so I think we will continue to improve.

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/w...action-12.html

How Wrexham fans saw it. They all seem to acknowledge they got away with one yesterday.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast