+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Wrexham 18.08.19

Link to highlights from the match yesterday :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26LtEX-8E-Q

It was a really good game yesterday, and I echo what others have said with regards to the performance. Credit goes to Neal Ardley because to make changes to a winning team and had we lost we know what would have happened.

There were some really good performances and overall for the first twenty minutes of the first half I felt we bossed and dominated the game.

Mitch Rose was truly excellent in midfield and was worthy of the man of the match. I'd also say Ben Turner was a close second. He got his head on everything. I thought Booty had a good game as well. That cross into the box for Dennis to head in was spot on. Credit to Dennis as well because his headed goal was top quality. I hope he can recreate the form he had in this league previously and go on and show us why he was brought to the club originally.

What was encouraging was the performance. I liked how we pressed and passed the ball. A few games ago people were questioning what Neal Ardley's style was and I think we are starting to see that it's a high pressing style when out of possession, and in possession a patient passing style. Throw in the physically and battling qualities that the players we now have with effort and endeavor and there you have it.

Had we won then it would have been the complete performance, but this is still a work in progress side. I liked the fact that we created far more in this game than we had probably done at home for a very long time. Likewise the number of corners was significantly higher than what we've become accustomed to.

Both Tyson and Thomas had fantastic opportunity's to seal the win, and on another day they may have scored with their chances.

We had no problems competing with Wrexham and if they are one of the better sides in this league then we should be able to compete which to say where we were only three weeks ago is massive progress.

It's hard to believe that 21 days ago it was the first day at the office for the Reedz brothers and we had not signed a player.

Saturday I'm hoping was the first shoots growing from the ashes and this team can begin to get stronger, and stronger and fitter such that come the end of the month we are in a good place to go on and make this a season one in which we can come home after a game with pride and say they gave their all win, lose or draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Pie View Post
    Link to highlights from the match yesterday :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26LtEX-8E-Q
    Love the way those highlights have our substitute keeper as Fitzgibbons!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Jeepers, what a terrific game judging from these extended highlights.....at least 6 or 7 decent chances for Notts to score.

As others have said, it's nice to see us "taking it to the oppo" for a change instead of sitting back....thought Enzio also looked "up for it"......v Ebbsfleet next Saturday (minus 9 goals after 5 matches and zero points) should be a banker if we repeat the amount of effort that I've just witnessed.

Great post Mad Magpie 👌

The Mail has published an article on us here.....
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-football.html

It mentions that only Bradford City had a higher gate than us in the 4th and 5th tiers this weekend.

Granted we've already seen two of the biggest away followings we'll get all year, but even if you discount away fans our crowds have been pretty good so far. Especially when you consider we've not even had a 3pm Saturday kick off yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Jeepers, what a terrific game judging from these extended highlights.....at least 6 or 7 decent chances for Notts to score.

As others have said, it's nice to see us "taking it to the oppo" for a change instead of sitting back....thought Enzio also looked "up for it"......v Ebbsfleet next Saturday (minus 9 goals after 5 matches and zero points) should be a banker if we repeat the amount of effort that I've just witnessed.
    Hey up tarkers, are you ok mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Love the way those highlights have our substitute keeper as Fitzgibbons!
    Nothing compared to the spelling mistake they made for our left back.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast