+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quieter

Quieter

Than usual next door...

That's 92 major domestic cups in a row they have entered without winning, 33 in a row failing to reach a final and 27 in a row failing to reach a semi final

Fun-tastic.

No wonder they're extremely bitter...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    No wonder they're extremely bitter...
    Not a great crowd, sheep sold out, maybe had more there than the Dee

They've got some good players though and may even play better at tannadice in front of a full stadium

Next on Dunfermine, no easy games

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    That's 92 major domestic cups in a row they have entered without winning, 33 in a row failing to reach a final and 27 in a row failing to reach a semi final

Fun-tastic.
    You boys went over 60(SIXTY) years without reaching a major final though??
    Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    You boys went over 60(SIXTY) years without reaching a major final though??
    Thoughts.
    I'm guessing you haven't read "Across the Great Divide" ?
    A history of football in Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't read "Across the Great Divide" ?
    A history of football in Dundee
    No but if I am wrong I apologize.

FFS, you can't even spell apologise.🙂😛

No need to apologise Eric. Dundee were formed and bankrolled by the Jute Barons. United struggled for their very existence and started with nothing. Yes it was many years before United started to progress and grow.
    We were started by the owner of a bicycle shop and by (I would estimate) 1965 we had eclipsed you as a club and have continued to.
    Maybe that's what makes some of your fans so bitter?
    And a bit twisted when they describe Tannadice as a dump, when you play in a rented stadium that's falling apart?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    No need to apologise Eric. Dundee were formed and bankrolled by the Jute Barons. United struggled for their very existence and started with nothing. Yes it was many years before United started to progress and grow.
    We were started by the owner of a bicycle shop and by (I would estimate) 1965 we had eclipsed you as a club and have continued to.
    Maybe that's what makes some of your fans so bitter?
    And a bit twisted when they describe Tannadice as a dump, when you play in a rented stadium that's falling apart?
    Yeah I read before that Dundee fc helped United years ago,you can clarify or maybe not.The 60 years reference is mainly for shedka,s book of stats as he never mentions these for his own team.

Ffs Terry it's Monday morning,bit early for the grammar pish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)