+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    He is Here only for 5 God dam months,.......WTF Are we Doing???
    He has to be match fit otherwise the silly injuries kick in. FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    If this has been a good window, I'd love Mr Garlic and Mr Rigg to explain what a poor one looks like.
    really Sinkov - could you at least try to adopt the all-embracing viewpont, here goes, once more. PL Football = Big Riches - so spending that money on improvements = less dosh in the bank.....therefore, the less Garlick & Co can get away with spending, the better is the window....so then - a poor window would be .... .. . ... .

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He has to be match fit otherwise the silly injuries kick in. FFS!
    So We are paying Chelsea, £50,000 a week , So we can send him back fit !!

Drinkwater played the first 45 minutes of the under 23 game today, he's one for the future, not ours but we are playing our part

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    So We are paying Chelsea, £50,000 a week , So we can send him back fit !!
    The loan deal was never announced, so let's see how this one pans out? Both the loaning team and the borrowing team have a duty of care to the loanee, but it will not benefit either Chelsea, Burnley or Danny if he's not playing...

Attachment 13640

Poor Sean, he just can't win, under the old system when you could sign players right up to the end of August, and that's what we did, so he had to field an understrength team for the first 2/3 games of the season, waiting for the deadline day signings. He must have thought it was his birthday when the new rule was announced, signings have to be made pre-season, so he can go into the season with a full-strength squad at last.

Ha-ha, that might be what he thought would happen, but this is Burnley, we don't like to make it easy for our manager, and so our star signing arrives literally at the last minute and only half-fit, so again we go into the first games under-strength. Now Sean waits for the January window, where once again any signings will be made at the end of the window, not the beginning, and we play through January with a squad weaker than it could be. It's mystifying, but it's the Burnley way.

If (that word again sinkov) Defour and Brady were fit, we would have a fully cocked ready to go first team squad. I think DD was brought in at the last minute to cover both Defour and Brady's injuries. Like you say sinkov SD can't win!

If (that word again sinkov) Defour and Brady were fit, we would have a fully cocked ready to go first team squad. I think DD was brought in at the last minute to cover both Defour and Brady's injuries. Like you say sinkov SD can't win!
    I agree with you on Brady and Defour BT, we were just kicking on when we lost them to injury and they were a large part of it, it hurt us and it's still hurting. That they both need wrapping in cotton wool and keep our medical team occupied is not something we've just discovered though, we've had long enough to think about the problem, but don't seem to have come up with an answer yet. Hopefully it's Drinkwater.

I’m not quite sure how these two even come into it , defour has been crocked in your own words BT before today and instead of extending his contract and spending money on a good midfielder last year our medical team gave him the thumbs up, he’s at the wrong end of his career and is constantly injured.
    Brady I don’t think will ever be the same player for us anyway ( due to we can’t give him premiership game time as every fixture is a fight for us and is full on ).
    I think if he went on loan to the championship he may be able to improve but can’t see it happening here or him playing that much of I’m truthful.

Dyche now says competition for places is at a peak and even them not in the 18 could end up on the team sheet — I watched three pre season games and Hendrick was the best midfield man yet he hasn’t got his chance.

I’m interested to see who sits out for Drinkwater because I refuse to believe he’s worse than anyway we have ( no disrespect to our players in that ).

Also Rodriguez is a better bet than JBG from a wide position ( makes us more competitive and stronger ) imo anyway but he isn’t picked either - loyalty is a good thing but not at the expense of the strongest team on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I’m not quite sure how these two even come into it , defour has been crocked in your own words BT before today and instead of extending his contract and spending money on a good midfielder last year our medical team gave him the thumbs up, he’s at the wrong end of his career and is constantly injured.
    Brady I don’t think will ever be the same player for us anyway ( due to we can’t give him premiership game time as every fixture is a fight for us and is full on ).
    I think if he went on loan to the championship he may be able to improve but can’t see it happening here or him playing that much of I’m truthful.

Dyche now says competition for places is at a peak and even them not in the 18 could end up on the team sheet — I watched three pre season games and Hendrick was the best midfield man yet he hasn’t got his chance.

I’m interested to see who sits out for Drinkwater because I refuse to believe he’s worse than anyway we have ( no disrespect to our players in that ).

Also Rodriguez is a better bet than JBG from a wide position ( makes us more competitive and stronger ) imo anyway but he isn’t picked either - loyalty is a good thing but not at the expense of the strongest team on Saturday.
    You need to pick this argument with SD - not me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)