+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer window.

Summer transfer window.

Mr Garlick and Mr Rigg are preening themselves at the conclusion of what they consider a successful window. So far the signings have totalled just two starts between them, and those only because Taylor is injured. The keeper has vanished, into the Dev Squad presumably, Jay hasn't displaced either Wood or Barnes and parks his bum on the bench, while our star short term loan signing can't even make the bench. If this has been a good window, I'd love Mr Garlic and Mr Rigg to explain what a poor one looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Mr Garlick and Mr Rigg are preening themselves at the conclusion of what they consider a successful window. So far the signings have totalled just two starts between them, and those only because Taylor is injured. The keeper has vanished, into the Dev Squad presumably, Jay hasn't displaced either Wood or Barnes and parks his bum on the bench, while our star short term loan signing can't even make the bench. If this has been a good window, I'd love Mr Garlic and Mr Rigg to explain what a poor one looks like.
    I’m with it Sinkov but they are going to jump on you for a post like this.

Incidentally I thought Drinkwater could have come on Saturday as Cork visibly wilted second half ( not a criticism of him thought he did a good job - just ran out of steam ).
    I’ve also posted many times we need midfielders who can get away from a man Westwood - that isn’t in his make up he breaks things up and let’s others do that.

Cork is very good technically but can’t get away from a man when he’s done the hard bit.

I’d play Rodriguez instead of JBG to be honest and have him coming in from a wider area ( think he plays better that way ). I don’t think JBG contributes enough he does have the quality to do it but 10 mins in 90 isn’t enough for me plus he gets pushed off too much nowadays.

Drinkwater is a shoe in.

Pulling a player from out of his squad is like pulling teeth for SD. Loyalty is everything with Dyche, the Heaton departure hurt him, but looking at Pope and Heaton on Saturday, the choice seems right to me.

First elevens pick themselves for a manager who trusts his players and blaming Rigg and Garlick for having a manager who trusts the worth of his players is rather stupid IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Pulling a player from out of his squad is like pulling teeth for SD. Loyalty is everything with Dyche, the Heaton departure hurt him, but looking at Pope and Heaton on Saturday, the choice seems right to me.

First elevens pick themselves for a manager who trusts his players and blaming Rigg and Garlick for having a manager who trusts the worth of his players is rather stupid IMHO.
    Yes that's all well and good BT, but rather besides the point. For the second consecutive summer the first team has not been strengthened, so if this has been a good window, I simply ask what does a poor one look like ?

We have two EPL quality players for every position sinkov. How many more do we need?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Yes that's all well and good BT, but rather besides the point. For the second consecutive summer the first team has not been strengthened, so if this has been a good window, I simply ask what does a poor one look like ?
    In agreement with you sinkov SD is a brilliant manager and he knows too many changes disrupt team rhythm. The pressure in the EPL where every match is a must-win, SD always tries to play something as close as possible to his best side. We could have bought in another six players, but they still would not be getting a game. The likes of Ben Gibson, Matej Vydra just add proof to what I'm saying.
    Loyalty is a much undervalued trait these days, where everything is "now, now, we must have it now". Leave well alone!

In agreement with you sinkov SD is a brilliant manager and he knows too many changes disrupt team rhythm. The pressure in the EPL where every match is a must-win, SD always tries to play something as close as possible to his best side. We could have bought in another six players, but they still would not be getting a game. The likes of Ben Gibson, Matej Vydra just add proof to what I'm saying.
    Loyalty is a much undervalued trait these days, where everything is "now, now, we must have it now". Leave well alone!
    On that basis BT it will never change - when I played if you didn’t perform you subbed simple as and if someone else did well or we signed someone for my position you fought for it.
    I don’t think Gibson has a chance of playing or Vydra for that matter —— my point is and Sinkov s as well I think ,did we buy these players to better - improve the starting squad or just to make up numbers for cover purposes.
    There in lies a good question I think

What amazes me at every other club is they just get on with it for 40-50 -100k a week here we’re loyal ( which is admiral by the way )
    I just think in football if you know your starting every game human nature says I’m not quite at my best but it will do.

I never liked it when I was subbed or dropped tbh but I made sure it didn’t happen that many times to me - anyway did we sign Drinkwater who was 18 months ago good enough to play for the champions of England and be transferred to massive club on massive wages to sit on the bench because we don’t want to upset anyone ?

It happens to a few BT ?

Danny needs to get match fit, but I can see him playing at Wolves on Sunday, even if it's only off the bench...

Danny needs to get match fit, but I can see him playing at Wolves on Sunday, even if it's only off the bench...
    He is Here only for 5 God dam months,.......WTF Are we Doing???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)