+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Man.Utd Matchday Thread

Wolves v Man.Utd Matchday Thread

The games against Man.Utd last season proved Wolves on their day are a match for the so called big six. I think Nuno tonight will revert to his strongest eleven.

Match Preview Click Here

By my calculations, we have now gone in excess of 660 minutes of competitive football, with out an opposing player scoring against us this season. Lets hope we can continue this tonight. Looking forward to watching it on TV in Spain.

They should be really fired up to make amends for last season, this is going to be tough!

Here we go! Come on mi babies, I'll be more than happy to score zero points on the prediction league this week.

Rubbish first half really. Just sat back waiting for them to score, when we got possession it was either hoof it up the field or give it away. I don't buy into the " well Ok they have had all of the ball but we are controlling the game" theory at all.

Lucky point in the end but hell, we'll take it. If we can play that bad and not lose we must be doing something right. Neves probably had the worst game he's had in a Wolves shirt but after that goal who cares!

Personally I would have said, looking on TV only, mind; that Coady had a bad day at the office. A lot of his passes went astray, which is unusual for him. I know he was also deemed responsible for giving away the penalty and I know I'm biased, but my God I thought that was a SOFT penalty. Another one where the forward (in this case Pogba) dives at the defender's leg and then falls over.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Personally I would have said, looking on TV only, mind; that Coady had a bad day at the office. A lot of his passes went astray, which is unusual for him. I know he was also deemed responsible for giving away the penalty and I know I'm biased, but my God I thought that was a SOFT penalty. Another one where the forward (in this case Pogba) dives at the defender's leg and then falls over.
    I think your being hard on Connor, Solskjaer has got his players working hard they pressed all the space and stifled passing opportunities giving our back four no option but to hit speculative long balls, particularly first half. Nuno bringing on Traore changed the game, Shaw couldn't deal with him. I think that has to be his best performance in a Wolves shirt, great runs and a final product, if only Johnny had directed his header down and away from the keeper...

The Neves goal was sublime, the Moutinho pass to him the shift of feet and the drive right into the angle of the goal. Can't believe that he was unmarked twenty yards out, suicidal defending.

I have to agree about a soft penalty. Why oh why was V A R not called on. Watching on TV there was little or no contact by Cody on Pogba. Why spend two minutes looking at a possible offside for our goal, and not look at the penalty decision?

A draw was about right. We didn't get going first half. Man.Utd looked a different one to the side we faced last season, especially at Molineux. I thought they were quick out the blocks and never gave us any time on the ball first half, hence us often lumping it forward. The quickness in the goal took Wolves by surprise.

I wasn't expecting Traore on for the start of the second half, but his introduction helped change the game for Wolves. At least we played on the front foot. Bar West Ham away last season, i think this was a game, second half only, where he had an impact. He went at Shaw on numerous occasions and actually put a few decent crosses in.

I don't think either keeper had that much to do, De Gea's reaction save after Jiminez's header had hit the post, and Patricio's penalty save and the save in stoppage time. But going back to Neves' goal, as good as it was, it's just a pity we had to wait so long again for a VAR check. We celebrate and then there's the waiting.

Jon Moss isn't everyone's cup of tea, but air play to him in the way he dealt with Daniel Jame's theatricals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)