+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ashley barnes new premier league poster boy

ashley barnes new premier league poster boy

online blogs,reports plus various radio and TV coverage have propelled ashley into cult status. Now at last with his impresive 4 goals in 3 games has made the nation sit up and take notice of our beloved striker.( his grime track by baccus hasnt done much harm either)
    on 606 there was even a man utd fan spouting for sanchez to go and to be replaced with Barnes.
    calls for an england call up are also gaining weight. This is brilliant for burnley who regularly after a great performance have success usually put down to the under parr performance from the opponent. players like pope, mee, barnes, mcneil...(i could more or less name all eleven from each game) and thats part of our problem. cause we play as such an effective unit individual greatness is matter of factly passed off as being "well drilled" "organised" and dogged.
    Ive been a claret in a hereditary fashion all my life going to my first games at 6 just in time to see our slow demise( peter nobel, leighton james, alan stevenson, dereck scott and all) and now at 48 after seeing promotion at wembley which was a totally sureal moment of unbridled joy it seems sean dyche has fashioned us into a recognised premier league outfit and our championship players are all maturing into class premiership stars.Ashley is the epitomie of this transformation with class finishing that would have the pundits creaming if theyed come from any of the multimillion pound foreigners in the fashionable teams. But slowly it seems people can no longer ignore it. This is brilliant for the club i suppose but the more recognision ashley and the others get the more likely is we'll end up losing them to the richer clubs. Hopefully mr garlick will make us a more atractive club to come to as we become a fixture in this division and we can add to and not lose these new claret heros.
    sorry for rambling but in a moment of reflection i became overwhelmed at where we are at as a club in 2019. its the ups and downs that make supporting a club like burnley great. i feel sorry for the top 6 supporters who expect constant success. Wheres the fun in that? viva la revolution!!!!!!

Steady on faulkyj, there's only me allowed to go overboard on here.

yeah sorry but we are lucky to be clarets. With whats going on at bolton and bury even though we may be a pov prem team we are well run and because of these few years in the top flight will hopefully be around and about for many many years to come

Quote Originally Posted by faulkyj View Post
    yeah sorry but we are lucky to be clarets. With whats going on at bolton and bury even though we may be a pov prem team we are well run and because of these few years in the top flight will hopefully be around and about for many many years to come
    That's why I always plead caution. I remember all to well 1982-87, when our club was teetering on the abyss of removal from the Football League, but still we have a majority on here who think financial prudency is unnecessary. Dream on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    but still we have a majority on here who think financial prudency is unnecessary. Dream on.
    Nope, you're making it up as you go along BT. There are just some posters, probably not even a majority, who think we are taking financial prudence a bit too far, and £58 million profit in two seasons would suggest they might have a point.

My Man on the Inside at Goodison tells me they are in despair at their inability to put the ball into the onion bag on a regular basis. They are still seeking a replacement for Lukaku, and the consensus seems to be that they missed a trick not signing our Ash this summer. Hopefully they'll have found a regular goalscorer by January, and they won't feel the need to rectify their mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    My Man on the Inside at Goodison tells me they are in despair at their inability to put the ball into the onion bag on a regular basis. They are still seeking a replacement for Lukaku, and the consensus seems to be that they missed a trick not signing our Ash this summer. Hopefully they'll have found a regular goalscorer by January, and they won't feel the need to rectify their mistake.
    Even our notorious shysters would not dare sell Barnes. It would be like selling Jimmy Mac all over again.

Everyone at BFC has their price BT, me and you and everyone else knows that, and Everton still have the Zaha money burning a hole in their pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by faulkyj View Post
    online blogs,reports plus various radio and TV coverage have propelled ashley into cult status. Now at last with his impresive 4 goals in 3 games has made the nation sit up and take notice of our beloved striker.( his grime track by baccus hasnt done much harm either)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xXbY6pmXMJM

I wasn’t a fan of grime but love this track.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)