+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stoke.

Reading? Not heard their name mentioned in the mix before...... apart from relegation mix

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA yes probably good to see a manager prepared to change things . But after being there not sure it improved us much Their second goal was a direct result of defenders not sure how to play three at the back I think we will continue to struggle till Marriott is properly fit and out manager gives up trying to make a Championship player out of Josefzoon For to agree with Mac top ten would be ok. Personally not sure we will make that unless we spend big in Jan. I know it's a bit pointless stating league positions at this stage but for the top six i wouldn't be looking any further Fulham ,Leeds, WBA, Reading, Cardiff ,Brentford and a dark horse in Blackburn
    I’d go with Fulham, Leeds, WBA and Cardiff, mista...not sure about your other three candidates.

Think us, Wednesday, Brizzle and Swansea have more chance than most of the rest for the other two places but a lot will depend on the next window and any uncontracted players signed before then, imo.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 19-08-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Dont forget the Rooney effect that will guarantee post season play, television will insist on it

RA yes probably good to see a manager prepared to change things . But after being there not sure it improved us much Their second goal was a direct result of defenders not sure how to play three at the back I think we will continue to struggle till Marriott is properly fit and out manager gives up trying to make a Championship player out of Josefzoon For to agree with Mac top ten would be ok. Personally not sure we will make that unless we spend big in Jan. I know it's a bit pointless stating league positions at this stage but for the top six i wouldn't be looking any further Fulham ,Leeds, WBA, Reading, Cardiff ,Brentford and a dark horse in Blackburn
    Agreed but the goal was one instance, generally I think we were better set-up in the second half, the bigger crime was to do nothing. Was not perfect but better.
    Was watching Chelsea yesterday and Frank was again loathed to change much when things were going wrong. My biggest critique of him last season. Zoon is fast becoming a lost cause, impact player at best. Real shame but I cannot see anything to cling onto and hope it will turn itself around.
    Top 6?? Not sure about Reading, Cardiff, Brentford & Blackburn but 100% agree with Fulham and Leeds. Brentford will struggle to score enough.

Anyway, we are nailed on a Play Off Final this year as I have a wedding to go to on the same day. It's written I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Agreed but the goal was one instance, generally I think we were better set-up in the second half, the bigger crime was to do nothing. Was not perfect but better.
    Was watching Chelsea yesterday and Frank was again loathed to change much when things were going wrong. My biggest critique of him last season. Zoon is fast becoming a lost cause, impact player at best. Real shame but I cannot see anything to cling onto and hope it will turn itself around.
    Top 6?? Not sure about Reading, Cardiff, Brentford & Blackburn but 100% agree with Fulham and Leeds. Brentford will struggle to score enough.

Anyway, we are nailed on a Play Off Final this year as I have a wedding to go to on the same day. It's written I tell you.
    Angry don't worry you won't be missing your wedding Yes we did look better second half ,but not sure we can do without Beilic in midfield he's head and shoulders better than anybody we have in there at the moment Yes I've given up on Zoon in struggling to think of anything of note he's done for us But this manager seems to rate him . Like Lampard always rated Lawrence no matter how he played Suppose they see things we don't Yes Reading really fancy them they bought some great players in on the last day of transfers .When they gel they are going to be a real force I always go for Brentford just love the way they play maybe selling Maupay might just cost them in the end . But you won't like them will you they play at the end of your street

Like rA I would deffo put Sheff Wed in the mix, my dark horse................................. mmmmm hate to say it but Robin Hoods lot!!!
    Wash your mouth out!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So what do we reckon then...two points lost or a point gained?
    2 points lost IMO, an early goal and a couple of good chances missed early on. We let them back into the game by poor defending again, we also had a chance to steal it at the end.

Look forward to Marriott returning to start a partnership with Waghorn. I thought he was out with just an injury but Cocu said Jack also had an illness which I hope isn't the same problem which kept him out last season?

Intersting to note that Stokes scored to reach 100 exactly 24 hours after we scored against Stoke

Angry don't worry you won't be missing your wedding Yes we did look better second half ,but not sure we can do without Beilic in midfield he's head and shoulders better than anybody we have in there at the moment Yes I've given up on Zoon in struggling to think of anything of note he's done for us But this manager seems to rate him . Like Lampard always rated Lawrence no matter how he played Suppose they see things we don't Yes Reading really fancy them they bought some great players in on the last day of transfers .When they gel they are going to be a real force I always go for Brentford just love the way they play maybe selling Maupay might just cost them in the end . But you won't like them will you they play at the end of your street
    Yep, Brentford are at the bottom of the street and Little Angry played for them for years, until the little muppet walked away. Birds and booze!!
    Always had a soft spot for them and Benham has done wonders there. When they sold Maupay a guy said to me, 'you watch, someone you have never heard of will score a hatrick at the weekend for them'. Only in jest of course but actually not far from the truth. They are masters of unearthing talent, probably the best at it with their stats approach.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Yep, Brentford are at the bottom of the street and Little Angry played for them for years, until the little muppet walked away. Birds and booze!!
    Always had a soft spot for them and Benham has done wonders there. When they sold Maupay a guy said to me, 'you watch, someone you have never heard of will score a hatrick at the weekend for them'. Only in jest of course but actually not far from the truth. They are masters of unearthing talent, probably the best at it with their stats approach.
    Yes new stadium next season ,it's amazing the talent they unearth and then sell on But get time they sell a good player They have one ready to replace . I thought fancy selling Maupay and Sawyer but made know difference still a very good side

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)