+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player ratings v Wrexham

Player ratings v Wrexham

I really enjoyed the game yesterday and the improvements from even just a week ago were there for all to see. We were much better all over, well organised with a real attacking threat and we were sooo much better without the ball. I was rather sceptical upon seeing the starting line up but it proved to work very well indeed.

Slocombe - Took some crosses well and distribution was decent. Upon seeing their goal again I can't help but feel he could have done a bit better - 6

Rawlinson - wasn't sure how he would perform at RB but barring one or two nervy moments I thought he did ok. Was strong and used the ball fairly well to say he was out of position - 6

Graham - Strong performance, won his battles and looked composed. Good understanding developing with Turner - 7

Turner - Man mountain, won literally everything thrown at him and could have scored. Strong, composed and commanding...everything we've been missing. My MOTM - 8

Mccrory - Surprised to see him start but I was really impressed. He looks like a good footballer and would be my first choice LB on that performance - 7

Enzio - Good team performance with some nice touches and forward play in the first half. Would like to see him attack the byline more and commit defenders more. Maybe should've scored late on - 6

Rose - Great first half performance obviously benefitting from having Doyle back in the team. Strong, direct and flashes of skill...thought he was quiet in the second half though - 7

Doyle - Captains performance. Everything went through him and he dictated the play brilliantly. He cajoled our players and harried the opposition, close to MOTM for me - 8

Booty - What a find he could be. Another strong midfield performance and a beautiful assist to boot. Worked hard and isn't afraid to shoot either. Tired Badly in the second half and partly to blame for the build up to their goal - 7

Dennis - A real good effort from Dennis for the team yesterday, similar to a luke rodgers performance. Never stopped running and took his goal beautifully, understandably tired in the second half - 8

Thomas - A performance full of pace and endeavour. Linked up well with the team play and looked dangerous but guilty of one particularly bad effort when through on goal - 6

Ardley - Brave decision to make the changes he did, I can only imagine the backlash if we had got stuffed (and rightly so probably) but it proved inspired. Could've maybe made the substitutions earlier as there were some tires legs out there. Awful skin tight jumper - 7

I agree with most of the marks above, but I think Doyle's performance was steady rather than outstanding so I'd knock him down to 7, and I'd increase Wes Thomas to 7 because I think his mobility and link play were quite significant in making us look a far more fluent attacking outfit. Thomas worked better with Kristian Dennis in their first full game together than Kane Hemmings ever did.

Thanks for that Tsanho.

Rose was my MOM so would have given him 8 and Doyle 7. It's notable that Rose was far better with Doyle alongside in midfield than previous home games.

I agree about Turner he wins everything and is solid. It's been along time since we've had a "proper" centre back at the club. There were lot's of positives, and lot's of encouragement for this season.

They all looked like they were working hard and putting the effort and endeavor in for each other as a team.

I did wrestle with Thomas's rating between a 6 and a 7 but felt as a striker when pretty much one on one with the keeper you must at least hit the target and make the keeper work. Maybe a bit harsh to take a whole mark off him for that miss but c'est la vie!

I disagree on Doyle, I think he was well worth his 8. I thought that not only did he personally have a really good game but his presence in the team can't be underestimated....As Mad Magpie says, I don't think it was a coincidence that Rose had his best game so far this season. Having his experience in there will do players like Rose the world of good in their own development.