+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ashes 3rd Test at Headingley

Unbelievable! Ben Stokes the most unbelievable innings I've ever seen, the stuff legends are made of. Totally gripping edge of you seat stuff. The run out mis field, the daft review in the over before Lyon bowled a clean lbw! The sheer brilliance of Stokes ball striking under the highest pressure. This test had it all and more. A dint think owt could top that world cup final but this is right up there with best ever for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Wot a game. Who sez cricket iz boring.

Historic.

A wo filling up when Stooaks hit that winning barndri.

A wo same SB. What a moment

Arr me anorl , on mi 3rd Peroni wife's art kick ball abart Salute ,
    wat a great performance , LUVVIT

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Well i carnt see missen goowin to Headingley on Monday , unless Aussies let us bat 2or 3 extra innings ! Even then wid struggle to get near 350 runs,
    Dissapointing
    Warra pirrock

Aar wot same Roma. Cuddant see us winning when we went nine darn.

Best thing iz it keeps Series alive at 1-1

It wo like us winning after gooin 0-3 darn--or maybe not.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 25-08-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Wot a game. Who sez cricket iz boring.

Historic.

A wo filling up when Stooaks hit that winning barndri.
    There are moments in sport when the whole world seems to stop and the only thing going on is the event taking place before your very eyes , this was one of those occasions this afternoon .

73 to get with one wicket left , the last man in is a spinner wearing glasses and looks like he belongs playing for Swaithe second eleven on a sunday afternoon , credit Leech too for seeing off what came down at him .

Stokes thought feck it and rolled the dice , he comes up with double six , he also batted with intelligence by getting on strike when he needed to .

I was screaming for him just to take the single and at least we tie the game up and live to fight another day , Stokes wasn't having it because he wanted the victory and from the very moment he came out to bat he believed 100% that victory would be accomplished , just like he did in the WC Final , I'd given both up but then again that's why I'm sat here and he's Ben Stokes .

Yes we rode our luck , Lyon only has to catch the ball and remove the bails and they win , you just fumbled the ashes away sunshine .

The umpire made a monumental error with LBW but then again if you are daft enough to waste your last review on a delivery clearly going wide of leg stump then you get what you deserve , my heart obviously bleeds purple pyss .

If history tells you anything OZ are done for , they were done for in 81 and Edgbaston killed them in 2005 .

I ain't so sure .

Smith is back for the next test and he's the kind of temperament that isn't easily exposed no matter what .

England still have issues with the bat despite today , Root's dismissal was unnecessary from our captain .

Just relieved to be back in the series at 1-1 but this series isn't a gimme by any means and it would be foolish to write OZ off with their impressive pacemen , Lyon , Smith and England's frailties with the bat .

Big question marks over Roy and Buttler in test cricket for me .

I'll enjoy the day though , absolutely fantastic to have witnessed that .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 25-08-2019 at 04:30 PM.

I have never liked Cricket I have always thought it was a boring game! However I was at work yesterday afternoon and my mate had it on the radio glued to it and was refreshing the BBC page at every opportunity and every so often shouting " Go on my son".
    I went to his office and asked what was happening and he just said it's unbelievable what Stokes is trying to do here and if he pulls it off that's Sports personality of the year sown up!
    He told me how things had gone and then we settled down to listen to the last half hour as the runs required dropped lower and lower, every so often saying take it easy Ben you have all day to get these runs.
    I have to say, yes I'm not a cricket fan but I am English and we were jumping around the office when they pulled this off it was an amazing feat and these moments in sport don't come around that often. It gives you a sense of sheer pride that one of your countrymen can dig in and produce something like this!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I have never liked Cricket I have always thought it was a boring game! However I was at work yesterday afternoon and my mate had it on the radio glued to it and was refreshing the BBC page at every opportunity and every so often shouting " Go on my son".
    I went to his office and asked what was happening and he just said it's unbelievable what Stokes is trying to do here and if he pulls it off that's Sports personality of the year sown up!
    He told me how things had gone and then we settled down to listen to the last half hour as the runs required dropped lower and lower, every so often saying take it easy Ben you have all day to get these runs.
    I have to say, yes I'm not a cricket fan but I am English and we were jumping around the office when they pulled this off it was an amazing feat and these moments in sport don't come around that often. It gives you a sense of sheer pride that one of your countrymen can dig in and produce something like this!
    Great post perky , amazing how the power of sport can grab you like that even though it's not necessarily your thing .

Brilliant days cricket and Stokes was amazing but I can't pretend that LBW decision doesn't niggle me a little.
    There have been some shocking decisions in this series but that was one of the worst.
    Anyone that knows anything about the game must have known straight away that that was out.
    It wasn't even a doubt, half way up middle stump.
    Yes, the Aussies were desperate and wasted a review 5 minutes earlier, but the umpire cracked under pressure.
    Still one of the best sporting moments I've ever witnessed but how would we have felt if Stokes had been given caught behind and we'd used all our reviews up? Then it was proved he'd never nicked it.

The last hour of Test Match Special available to listen in the link provided .

You may have to register to listen to it but it only takes a minute and is absolutely well worth listening to .

No better commentators than the TSM team in my opinion , cracking listen and makes the hairs on your back stand up .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0008bsk

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast