+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes 3rd Test at Headingley

67 all art.

Al tell thi wot. This lot a gooin darn.

Well al gu to foota arr stairs , adda feelin these bleedahs wud barnce bak , galls mi to seyit , but nubdi wuddev coped ageeunst them , sum reyt ballin and fieldin ,
    Root wants burden of Captaincy took off him, he needs to get back to warri wa good at " scoorin runs"

" The dunt want to win"

The carnt affooard to win Ashes this lot

Feck me sideways wi a tickling stick. Sixty chuffin seven. Ashes ev gone nar. A cant ever recall an innings as bad against this lot.

Just listened to Sir Geoffrey on TSM during the tea break driving home from work .

He pulled no punches as you'd imagine , they don't value their wicket enough he said , their too focused on trying to score off every other ball .

Well you can't score runs in the pavilion he said , defence is just as important as attacking the bowling and hanging around , see the bowling off , feckin Hazelwood can't ball all fecking day as good as he is .

If we'd only scored 40 this morning so fecking what just as long as we had 8 or 9 wickets left to press on this afternoon and into the evening session , by stumps tonight even if we'd barely passed the OZ total it doesn't matter as long as we have wickets in hand so the middle order could push on tomorrow and build a decent lead .

Clown cricket , brain dead cricket led by a captain not fit for purpose , Archer pulled him out of a reight oil yisterday because Root just let the game pass him by at 130 for two , the lad Archer is playing in his second test match ffs !!! .

Four times in 18 months England have totalled less than a 100 in a test match , lessons not learned about the demands needed to play test cricket .

Enough is enough now some of these have had their chance in England red ball cricket and once this series ends we need some young fresh blood in the top half of the batting order .

OK it may not be great for a couple of years but then again it isn't good enough now either .

Start with a new captain for the winter tour as well , never a captain and never will be Joe Root .

Absolute fecking disgrace today .

Championship cricket needs looking at , picked by England they can't play for there own team whatever county ( although odd team gets preferences ) bring back proper County Championship matches may help ? Now I prefer limited overs games , more exciting and good to watch , not sure where the balance fits with these over imposed restrictions , I M O , TEST CRICKET IS DYING .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Championship cricket needs looking at , picked by England they can't play for there own team whatever county ( although odd team gets preferences ) bring back proper County Championship matches may help ? Now I prefer limited overs games , more exciting and good to watch , not sure where the balance fits with these over imposed restrictions , I M O , TEST CRICKET IS DYING .
    Test cricket has a place in today's game in England , Australia , South Africa and India although I'm not so sure about the rest of em in all honesty .

Five tests between those four nations will always fill cricket grounds .

The World Cup is important too and we can't now let it go after waiting years to win the thing and finally catch up with the rest .

I don't subscribe to the opinion that 50 over cricket impacts on test cricket with regard to our batting , Smith , Warner , Koli , Warner all play the game successfully at both forms of the game , it's simply down to application for me .

20/20 at international level I'm not fussed about , I would play all the up and coming lads in this form of the game to feed in to the 50 over format and get them in England colours .

I'm cool with the countries playing 20/20 because it's good for revenue and provides talent for the international scene with an eye on playing for England at World Cup level .

With regard to the international test team I'd take a good look at the coaching myself , especially the batting coaches because clearly it isn't good enough , something definitely not right there but I take the point the players have to apply themselves better .

If we a are going to be ssuccessful at 5 day test matches ? We must have to go back to the old style game surely , it's not all about Pacemen like Archer ( good as he is ) the standards have now dropped , Medium pace , slow spinner, doesn't seem to fit in theses new formats , it didn't cause a problem years back ,

If we a are going to be ssuccessful at 5 day test matches ? We must have to go back to the old style game surely , it's not all about Pacemen like Archer ( good as he is ) the standards have now dropped , Medium pace , slow spinner, doesn't seem to fit in theses new formats , it didn't cause a problem years back ,
    The great Australian team of Hayden , Langer , Ponting and Gilchrist changed test cricket when they set about going for 5 and 6 an over , that's perfectly fine when you are one of the best Test teams of all time but everyone else started going that way and the die was cast .

Now everyone looks at the scoreboard instead of keeping their wicket intact .

Runs weren't that big a deal for England this morning but for some reason just because they hadn't scored for a ball or two they go chasing balls wide of off stump and getting out .

Absolutely unbelievable what went off out there this morning .

Cost us the ashes .

Thas obviously missed my point ? Haydon , langer , ponting ? 5 day test matches ( now fairly boring at times ) Trueman/Statham , Boycott , we're seasoned test match players , and all performed well , a cricket player now , seems unable to deal with the basics and the confusing formats now on offer, cricket is a fairly simple game in general , like football , it's the never having played any sport types , bringing in daft rules and trying to create a better ? Show for the media , they are ruining the games of sport , SAD

Thas obviously missed my point ? Haydon , langer , ponting ? 5 day test matches ( now fairly boring at times ) Trueman/Statham , Boycott , we're seasoned test match players , and all performed well , a cricket player now , seems unable to deal with the basics and the confusing formats now on offer, cricket is a fairly simple game in general , like football , it's the never having played any sport types , bringing in daft rules and trying to create a better ? Show for the media , they are ruining the games of sport , SAD
    I agree. All money oriented to generate so called interest. Folk eva choice, if a person dunt like test cricket then feck off and watch baseball.
    It's that simple.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast