+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes 3rd Test at Headingley

I'm probably too old school , i don't get this reviews thing in Cricket , and particularly how many each side is allowed, VAR will spoil enjoyment for fans and players alike , it should be used only for goal line perspective over the line or not , only my opinion , they ( whoever they are ? ) seem to want to take any enjoyment out of the game now , I hope it stays fine forrum !!

359 to win with just short of 3 days to make em , hmmmm !!!

History against you , however this is Headingley and this is The Ashes so who knows .

I wouldn't be putting any brass on it though just to be perfectly clear .

Well i carnt see missen goowin to Headingley on Monday , unless Aussies let us bat 2or 3 extra innings ! Even then wid struggle to get near 350 runs,
    Dissapointing

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Well i carnt see missen goowin to Headingley on Monday , unless Aussies let us bat 2or 3 extra innings ! Even then wid struggle to get near 350 runs,
    Dissapointing
    All in the mind this for me , all or nothing is this innings with the ashes on the line .

Loads of time as I say all in the head , if we can get to three figures with 9 or 10 wickets left then who knows .

Big big ask but as I say its the ashes and anything can happen .

Root and Denly going along very nicely averaging 1 run every 3 deliveries. This is exactly the right approach. Blazing hot weather and the Aussie bowlers tiring. It's a dry pitch and movement on the ball has quelled. We somehow have a sniff here. The next batsmen need to follow suit and the game is well and truly in the balance. Time isn't an issue because the weather is forecast for more of the same. This morning my face had a look of a miserable Bob Willis expression. The frown is slowly turning upside down. Come on England

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Root and Denly going along very nicely averaging 1 run every 3 deliveries. This is exactly the right approach. Blazing hot weather and the Aussie bowlers tiring. It's a dry pitch and movement on the ball has quelled. We somehow have a sniff here. The next batsmen need to follow suit and the game is well and truly in the balance. Time isn't an issue because the weather is forecast for more of the same. This morning my face had a look of a miserable Bob Willis expression. The frown is slowly turning upside down. Come on England
    Tha spoke too soon , Denley out , can't afford anymore wickets to fall tonight .

Fecking kiss of death A mad 10 minute period and an onslaught of pressure results in the breaking of this partnership. Come on now ben stokes, see the day art ffs

This is absolutely enthralling test match cricket , the whole ashes are on the line here and both teams know it .

25 minutes to go , c'mon boys see it out and we go again tomorrow .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    This is absolutely enthralling test match cricket , the whole ashes are on the line here and both teams know it .

25 minutes to go , c'mon boys see it out and we go again tomorrow .

I'd still rather be in Australias shoes at present mate. Jeezyouess, a cant get that 67 art o mi eeard. How can we possibly win a test match with a first innings like that? But its actually on! The way we've gone about this second innings and Joe Root in particular gives optimism but we may just fall short tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I'd still rather be in Australias shoes at present mate. Jeezyouess, a cant get that 67 art o mi eeard. How can we possibly win a test match with a first innings like that? But its actually on! The way we've gone about this second innings and Joe Root in particular gives optimism but we may just fall short tomorrow
    Wow what a test match , tha can cut the tension with a knife .

One of these two Root or Stokes has to be there all the way for me , assisted with good knocks from Bairstow and Buttler .

Once we get down to Woakes and Archer out in the middle needing 50 to win we've fecked it .

New ball due in the morning and it hinges on that for me , see that fecker off with losing only a wicket before lunch and it could be on .

I couldn't call it right now , it hangs by a thread either way .

Cracking stuff though , hardly a run scored but riveting stuff .

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast