+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Ashes 3rd Test at Headingley

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Wow what a test match , tha can cut the tension with a knife .

One of these two Root or Stokes has to be there all the way for me , assisted with good knocks from Bairstow and Buttler .

Once we get down to Woakes and Archer out in the middle needing 50 to win we've fecked it .

New ball due in the morning and it hinges on that for me , see that fecker off with losing only a wicket before lunch and it could be on .

I couldn't call it right now , it hangs by a thread either way .

Cracking stuff though , hardly a run scored but riveting stuff .

Stokes was impressive coming in and defending his wicket. Hard nosed batting to say the least and never flapping. As you say, the Ashes are gone if we feck up. The players obviously realise what's required here. More of the same tomorrow and the whole momentum of this series could change. We're probably reaching for shyte here but it's certainly better than the England players sat back in the pavillion tonight having lost the ashes. We live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Stokes was impressive coming in and defending his wicket. Hard nosed batting to say the least and never flapping. As you say, the Ashes are gone if we feck up. The players obviously realise what's required here. More of the same tomorrow and the whole momentum of this series could change. We're probably reaching for shyte here but it's certainly better than the England players sat back in the pavillion tonight having lost the ashes. We live in hope.
    If we'd have batted like this first knock we'd be all square with two to play right now .

Batted very well this knock , tha couldn't mek it up Pass .

Great morning for England despite another clown shot from captain fantastic and getting himself out .

Stokes and Bairstow have played positively but sensibly .

It hangs by a thread , a quick wicket after lunch and it changes everything but once we get down to chasing double figures instead of three it's physiologically a hammer blow for OZ .

If these two can take that target down to 50 then it should be on but as I say every wicket that falls is the exact physiological blow for England .

****tin myself watching this , nearly as bad as the WC final .

Cuddit happen ? Looking possible , ivvry thing crossed , Cummon England

Bairstow come art all positive and played well but its mekking me nervous. However, he's put a lot of pressure on the Aussie bowlers. 2 quick wickets and you'd say it's over. Tense afternoon ahead

Fecked it nar , all over .

Nivver watch cricket. Just spent a thoroughly great 90 minutes today !
    What a difference 24 hours makes !

Feck my boots on a windy day .

You have to be fecking joking right ???

What have I just seen , Ben Stokes what a performance , extraordinary cricket .

Headingley 81

Edgbaston 2005

Headingley 2019

Ashes cricket !!!

Feckin hell !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Nivver watch cricket. Just spent a thoroughly great 90 minutes today !
    What a difference 24 hours makes !
    Mate at works gone with his Mrs , a 30th anniversary present from his kids .

Looked forward to it for months , he was in bits at work on friday when England were all out for ,67 .

Expected today to be an hour tops or done and dusted on Saturday .

Pleased as owt for him and his Mrs to be there today on such a special day for em and witness that .

Wot a game. Who sez cricket iz boring.

Historic.

A wo filling up when Stooaks hit that winning barndri.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast