+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dunfermline - round 3

Quote Originally Posted by dreamoftangerine View Post
    How did Butcher do at the back?
    Like he was meant to be there!

I am reading quite a bit about Pawlett missing a sitter, but if its the move im thinking about, their keeper got enough of a touch and the ball hit Pawletts back foot! But something else happened after, 5 minutes to go, i missed it as i had to leave early.

It wasnt a sitter, it was a great touch from the keeper from Shanklands cross/cutback

Cheers Chick...sounds like he slotted in without a problem. Would you keep that line up and formation therefore? (Maybe shifting Butcher back into mid for the hammer thrower matches)?

I really dont know DoT.

As much as i love Stanton and he did well for 60 minutes yesterday, he really did look like he was struggling and started to miss passes and some challenges after the 60 minute mark. I cant though say that the midfield was lost at that point, but them making a change at half time gave them a better share of the spoils. After yesterday though, i do think Harkes and Stanton are the perfect foil for each other and maybe should get a chance more often.

Butcher is my first choice now to be beside Reynolds, but there are too many games ahead where we need him in midfield, but i think the other spot has to be shared between Harkes and Stanton.

The Clark thing is difficult as ive seen him twice live and thought he did well. Yesterday especially he was back helping Robson, robbing the ball off the right back a few times, and with a bit more luck, should have scored. Maybe him and Appere should swap about a bit to see a bit more from Clark.

Main thing though is everyone was 7s and 8s!

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    Starting slowly has been a bit of a United trait for years, even in the good times. So many times I used to think United players wanted to scratch their ars*s for twenty minutes before starting to play. It would be interesting to check back through the years and see how many goals utd have lost in early play.

As you say, hopefully Robbie will have impressed on them the need to start at a good tempo.

They started just as I hoped, if we keep that going game by game then the opposition will have more to worry about than us

Was very impressed with Butcher slotting into CB as was a concern pre match for me going with Harkes and Stanton but it worked, Harkes was excellent, everyone done well though, Appere is a nightmare for defences, they don't just have to worry about the excellence of Shankland with his intelligence, movement and finishing, but Apperes running and strength which gives McMullan more freedom

Shankland should have had two assists aswell yesterday, the open goal Pawlett missed which he created from nothing and he one he nodded down fur Clark

What a support aswell, 2550 and mutual appreciation, so three games, max pts,we now onto Dundee at home Friday

Started a thread after the Partick game saying this team will get better and better and this last performance bears that out by the sound of things. And we're far from a one man team, Appere making a real big impact.
    Much better balance, drive, pace, and either Robbie has had a change of heart on attacking style or maybe the Board have had a word after listening to the support.
    Either way, roll on Friday because the pressure is already on them to close the gap not for us to extend it. And that's what I was on about preseason when I said we need to dominate the league from the start and not have to play catch up as we have before.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    the open goal Pawlett missed which he created from nothing
    Pawlett didnt miss an open goal! The keeper got a touch on the cross to deflect it onto Pawletts back foot!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)