+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Modern fitba is pish

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Nice and near the station so no need to venture too far into bandit country.
    Aye ive looked into it. Don't think ill need the train

Going to take Junior, stay in Glasgow on the friday, then Hampden tour and Cathkin pre game then head down. Later on. (Arthurlie are one of the 18 to win the Scottish cup in my life hence why im going)

Just watched the Champions League draw. Is it my imagination or are the groups not exactly the same as last year? Or was it the year before?

Nah. Traditionally the Arsenal (good old gunners) are known as a club from Highbury.

Only very, very old people and anoraks would link them to Woolwich. Cracking movie like 😎
    I'm not very, very old just old but I know lots of Spurs fans who refer to them as the Woolwich Ar*e. And they are "gunners" because of their links with Woolwich.

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    I'm not very, very old just old but I know lots of Spurs fans who refer to them as the Woolwich Ar*e. And they are "gunners" because of their links with Woolwich.
    😃

Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    Just watched the Champions League draw. Is it my imagination or are the groups not exactly the same as last year? Or was it the year before?
    It's so boring it's unreal. Same clubs and same fixtures time after time.

In the days of the proper European Cup the prospect of say a Juventus v Bayern Munich game would of had everybody licking their lips. With this CL pish it's just not the same. All the 'big' clubs meet each other with such regularity it's become the norm instead of being something unique and exotic.

Do you think they'll ever realise they've ****ed up and go back to how it was?

Me neither. Groups means more games for TV means more revenue. Depressing stuff.

It's so boring it's unreal. Same clubs and same fixtures time after time.

In the days of the proper European Cup the prospect of say a Juventus v Bayern Munich game would of had everybody licking their lips. With this CL pish it's just not the same. All the 'big' clubs meet each other with such regularity it's become the norm instead of being something unique and exotic.

Do you think they'll ever realise they've ****ed up and go back to how it was?

Me neither. Groups means more games for TV means more revenue. Depressing stuff.
    ^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    Why do Benfica always get an easy group? Have Uefa copied the old hot ball trick from the SFA?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112