+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Healing Relations With Forest Again

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Indeed, it would be churlish to ignore the fact that they have leant us some decent players over the years.
    To be honest I've forgotten most of them, so I wonder if anyone can come up with a list of loanees we've had from the dark side?
    Yates and Grant were good for half a season, Moloney was decent (was he a loan?), but then again we've had garbage like Dadi and Gomis. I'd love to see a full list so I could give them marks out of ten.

Steve McLaughlin was one to start off with in 2014.

In general, I'm much happier seeing Notts and Forest as clubs getting on well and helping each other. Never been a Forest hater personally, quite the contrary. I'll save my dislike for various clubs from outwith the area. To each their own though.

I think there have been quite a few over the years to be fair, and I'm going back as far as the likes of Colin Foster in the 1990s and David Campbell in the 1980s!

Quote Originally Posted by Masson4 View Post
    In general, I'm much happier seeing Notts and Forest as clubs getting on well and helping each other. Never been a Forest hater personally, quite the contrary. I'll save my dislike for various clubs from outwith the area. To each their own though.
    I don't do hate either. We are all united by a love of football.

The question I ask myself is, if Forest were at death's door like we've been on three or four occasions since the 1980's, would Notts County fans rally round to help save them?

I would, because when all is said and done they are the team who brought the European Cup to a provincial city twice, and to lose them would be to lose part of Nottingham's rich sporting history, just as it would be to lose Notts County as Nottingham's oldest professional football club.

Virgil Gomis, Jorge Grant, Ryan Yates, Louis Laing, Stephen McLaughlin, Kieron Freeman, Brendan Moloney, Felix Bastians, Eugene Dadi, Colin Calderwood and Paul Crichton from my time.

I dont hate Forest as a team just their fans i cant stand

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'm all for the rivalry on the pitch with Forest, because it creates days like Sir Charlie's late winner and nights like the 3-3 draw in the League Cup, but I don't bear any anismosity towards them. Indeed, it would be churlish to ignore the fact that they have leant us some decent players over the years, and on more than one occasion now their fans have rallied round to raise money for Notts county when we've been in trouble. I'd like to regard Forest v Notts as a friendly rivalry rather than a bitter one, not least because we operate in different spheres these days.
    This is pretty much where I'm at these days. When I was a kid in the early-to-mid 90s, I definitely felt some rivalry there, but that was because we actually used to play them in the league back then. That was ages ago now, and I no longer feel any real rivalry with then. Of course, if we ever got into the same division as them (not going to happen), I'm sure things would get tasty, but hopefully on the pitch rather than in the streets and pubs.

Another reason why I can't really hate them is a few of my best friends are Forest fans. I always ask how they are doing, and they always ask how we are doing. There's animosity there at all. Ideally, both clubs would be successful on and off the pitch. There's no realistic way we'll ever be a bigger or better (in a footballing sense) club than them, but then I never expected that. I quite like supporting the less glamorous of the two clubs to be honest.

If they were ever in trouble, I hope we'd all be there to help.

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    I dont hate Forest as a team just their fans i cant stand

I agree with this and Jackal's post.

As a Notts fan it's almost a legal requirement to dislike Forest.

I used to get dog's abuse at school (and that's before their glory days) so will never forget that.

I am now a middle aged family man and still get it at work particularly from a couple of clowns who don't even go to watch the games.

Notts are no longer a threat to their dominance in the city (pre 1979) and probably never will be again. Forest play at such a different level and have a massive budget comparatively speaking.

I dislike many teams more than Forest so am not obsessed with their results.

If they can loan us better players benefiting both clubs, I am all for that.

Good natured banter and football discussion I can do all day. Childish/personal insults are a different matter entirely.

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    I agree with this and Jackal's post.

Childish/personal insults are a different matter entirely.

COYP
    Yeah childish insults are pathetic. Really quite demeaning.

However Forest fans definitely do smell of wee and poo. Also our dads are bigger than their dads.

... that's defeatist talk Scanlon. We don't like defeatist talk on here, Mr Mann...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast