+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Healing Relations With Forest Again

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If true (and we agreed) that would be the 3rd time we've helped them out by allowing them to play at our ground.
    When Forest played six home games at Meadow Lane after the fire at the City Ground in 1968 they didn't win a single one. They took just three points from draws.

I knew we'd let them play at Meadow Lane after the fire in 1968, when was the other time?

I wonder how many home games we've played at the City Ground? I know we had to vacate Trent Bridge late in the season to make way for cricket when we played there, and I'm guessing the CG was our alternative venue before we finally moved to Meadow Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Masson4 View Post
    When Forest played six home games at Meadow Lane after the fire at the City Ground in 1968 they didn't win a single one. They took just three points from draws.
    I would hate for history repeating itself.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    I knew we'd let them play at Meadow Lane after the fire in 1968, when was the other time?

I wonder how many home games we've played at the City Ground? I know we had to vacate Trent Bridge late in the season to make way for cricket when we played there, and I'm guessing the CG was our alternative venue before we finally moved to Meadow Lane.
    Fword played at ML in March 1947 when the City Ground flooded (which would have been during the worst winter in living memory in Nottingham, we didn't play a home match for 7/8 weeks).

Notts did play a lot of games at the City Ground from 1899-1909, around 20. We'd also played at their 'Town Ground' before that (which was in The Meadows area).

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    I think in the floods of 1947 the City Ground was unfit to play and Forest loaned Meadow Lane then.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hmmm.

"Forest were keen to extend an olive branch and a helping hand to their neighbours in the second half of last season, allowing young striker Virgil Gomis to join on loan".

If giving us a helping hand was the loan of Virgil Gomis, I'd rather go back to sticking two fingers up at them.
    Virgil's on loan at Macclesfield Town now

https://twitter.com/i/status/1161717877172559872

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234