+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Healing Relations With Forest Again

I have never understood why clubs don't co-operate more. I seem to remember years ago Tranmere were a recognised feeder club for Liverpool but with players moving both ways and I remember seeing Ron Yates dominate Tranmere's midfield against us at Meadow Lane (any one know when that was?) perhaps not a model that would work now. However we could both massively benefit from close co-operation from across the river especially as Forest squad is so large and we are no longer one promotion/relegation from meeting in the same league. Forest must have a number of out of favour and up coming youngsters we could use especially if we could pick and chose and not have an unwanted out of form player dumped on us.

I was told a couple of weeks ago (by my gaffer who is normally ITK at Forest) that the Reds are looking to share our ground for at least some of next season, this could explain the sudden olive branch & the reason Forest limited STs to 20,000 this season?

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I was told a couple of weeks ago (by my gaffer who is normally ITK at Forest) that the Reds are looking to share our ground for at least some of next season, this could explain the sudden olive branch & the reason Forest limited STs to 20,000 this season?
    If true (and we agreed) that would be the 3rd time we've helped them out by allowing them to play at our ground. Remind them of that next time any of them throw the bucket collections back in our face.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If true (and we agreed) that would be the 3rd time we've helped them out by allowing them to play at our ground. Remind them of that next time any of them throw the bucket collections back in our face.
    Yes indeed. Many of their younger fans are not even aware of the assistance that's gone in the other direction before they were around.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    That would be weird. Just think about a bunch of Forest fans sitting in our seats. But hey, if it brings in some money and we get some quality loanees as a thank you, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Tyler Walker and Ryan Yates on loan from January or they can swivel. Would almost make up for a couple of years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Tyler Walker and Ryan Yates on loan from January or they can swivel. Would almost make up for a couple of years ago...
    Walker is on loan at Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    Walker is on loan at Lincoln
    Yeah and we all know agreements on loan moves can never be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah and we all know agreements on loan moves can never be broken.
    Yes but Lincoln haven't got AH as their owner.

So they're pressing ahead with plans to redevelop the City Ground? It would be a relief that they're not crossing over to our side of the river and becoming a proper Nottingham club. I was looking at a list of football clubs a week or so ago (some stats site or other) and it did make me smile that F-word's location was prominently highlighted right next to the team name as "West Bridgford".
    Rebuildng their main stand presumably.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast