+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Healing Relations With Forest Again

Healing Relations With Forest Again

Hmmm.

"Forest were keen to extend an olive branch and a helping hand to their neighbours in the second half of last season, allowing young striker Virgil Gomis to join on loan".

If giving us a helping hand was the loan of Virgil Gomis, I'd rather go back to sticking two fingers up at them.

I suspect we may not rely on loan signings quite so much, as astute signings (e.g. Booty) and hopefully bringing on some of our own youngsters, sooner than someone else's, should be the way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hmmm.

"Forest were keen to extend an olive branch and a helping hand to their neighbours in the second half of last season, allowing young striker Virgil Gomis to join on loan".

If giving us a helping hand was the loan of Virgil Gomis, I'd rather go back to sticking two fingers up at them.
    Virgil Gomis is not a very good at football. Well, someone had to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hmmm.

You're such a forgiving guy (no pun intended... Really

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I suspect we may not rely on loan signings quite so much, as astute signings (e.g. Booty) and hopefully bringing on some of our own youngsters, sooner than someone else's, should be the way forward.
    As long as they keep their eyes off Booty.

I have absolutely no idea wtf Nicholas Randall and Jonny Owen are.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Randall is florist's Chairman and the other is a Director.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Try reading the article on the link it's a dead giveaway

I'm all for the rivalry on the pitch with Forest, because it creates days like Sir Charlie's late winner and nights like the 3-3 draw in the League Cup, but I don't bear any anismosity towards them. Indeed, it would be churlish to ignore the fact that they have leant us some decent players over the years, and on more than one occasion now their fans have rallied round to raise money for Notts county when we've been in trouble. I'd like to regard Forest v Notts as a friendly rivalry rather than a bitter one, not least because we operate in different spheres these days.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast