+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: The best youg loan keeper?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iverson - The Best of 3?

Iverson - The Best of 3?

Roos
    I can remember Roos and how his confidence was shot when he arrived on loan from Derby. He was probably too young or ot was too early in his career to play at the level we were at. He's gone on to prove himself a good keeper int Championship.

Rodak
    He was great for us and I would have loved it if he'd had signed for us but that was never going to happen. I doubt if he'll play anywhere other than in the reservse for a couple of years now he's gon back to Fulham. His age means that his game time will be limited internationally as well. I thought he was a great asset to the Millers and he'll always be remembered.

Iverson.
    From what we've seen so far from him we can conclude that Pollett has pulled a bigger rabbit out of the hat than he did with Rodak! He's been gret for us when he's been needed and does much more of the old fashioned type of goal keeping that we are used to.He's quite happy punching the ball when he can't reach it to catch but he likes to catch it and for us we need that. If we get promoted this season then wec but hope that he wants to make the step up to the Championship with us.

What do you reckon? Who's the best out of the three?

Rodak for me. Roos made a few blunders early on which affected his confidence, Steve Evans probably didn't help either, publicly shaming and blaming him.

Still undecided on Iverson so far. I don't think he's as good as some are making out if I'm being honest.

Early signs promising - do you remember Martinez that we got from Arsenal he was a pretty good keeper for us at least

I rate Martinez as one of our best ever keepers and one of the main reasons that we managed to stay in the Championship that season.
    Let's hope Iversen turns out to be as good.

Martinez was much older than these three wasn't he and had played for teams other than Arsenal before joining.

You mean when they lates for us or in general? Either way I’m not voting because it’s too early

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    You mean when they lates for us or in general? Either way I’m not voting because it’s too early
    It's only open for 7 days or do you mean you're not voting until bedtime?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    WTF does that say ?

Played for us or in general looks better

Early days with iversen but very impressed. Seems a more solid stopper than Rodak and catches ball better. Bigger frame as well to deter strikers. Think he will save us some points this season. Fancied him as well yesterday if it had gone to pens.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Early days with iversen but very impressed. Seems a more solid stopper than Rodak and catches ball better. Bigger frame as well to deter strikers. Think he will save us some points this season. Fancied him as well yesterday if it had gone to pens.
    I liked the look of him in first few games (friendlies) but even though he’s good he seems to have gone slightly backwards
    I know Warney told him to calm his kicking down a bit

Hopefully he’ll proved he’s better than than the others

I didn’t want pens but it would have been interesting to see how the players/keeper did
    Last edited by millertop; 29-08-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast