+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Centre-half meeting

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    Still think the following analogy is brilliant to desuade those tactically naive football fans who would rather go "toe to toe" with better teams for brevado reasons when a point might mean beating relegation. Something PW is famous for - "playing football" against better teams.....you can give it all but no cigar. A tactically astute manager gets a point.

An analogy from the Chilean manager:

"One night, I went to a bar, I was with a woman. We talked all night. We laughed, we flirted, I paid for several drinks of hers.

At around 5am, a guy came in, grabbed her by the arm and took her to the bathroom. He made love to her and she left with him. That doesn’t matter, because I had most of the possession on that night.
    Great post. Not at all relevant to the thread but it is up to those with high level coaching credentials (like what you and I have got) to "desuade" all the naive idiots from "brevado" tactics. That's not being at all arrogant.
    Last edited by wrinkly; 21-08-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Wrinkly - I would point you towards "like making love to a woman" made by someone who hasn't ejoyed your attention. If I was at all arrogant I would attack posters without knowing what the post relates to...more or less like you have just done. But if you feel better - what the hell....enjoy your moment however empty it is....

Come to think of it I do recall hearing that Stubbsy had cracked the Chilean manager joke on the coach back from Barnsley, after the players had questioned his "white flag" tactics ("don't bother trying to get the ball off them. Let them get as many shots and crosses in as they like - It can't hurt us")

"Oh I get it" said one of the players "we are like the bloke who came in at 5am. They had all the possession but we got phucked"

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    Wrinkly - I would point you towards "like making love to a woman" made by someone who hasn't ejoyed your attention. If I was at all arrogant I would attack posters without knowing what the post relates to...more or less like you have just done. But if you feel better - what the hell....enjoy your moment however empty it is....
    And if you'd have used the 'Reply With Quote' then that would have been easier!

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Think of it as making  love to a woman. It’s the approach work ( foreplay ) and getting them into bed that’s the exciting part, everything else doesn’t matter.

Signing imminent or incoming...IF...
    My analogy...
    When signing players you have to be patient, take your time and not get too excited ( a bit like making love �� to a woman.)

Apologies put it down to my weird sense of humour.

Has he signed yet ?

Sounds like Swiss Tony

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    My analogy...
    When signing players you have to be patient, take your time and not get too excited ( a bit like making love �� to a woman.)

Apologies put it down to my weird sense of humour.

Has he signed yet ?
    Don't you mean has he come yet, to RUFC that is

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Don't you mean has he come yet, to RUFC that is
    Using the reply/ quote and I'm being specific.....
    No he hasn't come yet.
    I always say don't get too excited at any incoming signings...
    It could end up a disappointment..... ( a bit like premature ejaculation.....when making love to a woman )

Swiss Tony...LOL flourbasher, not seen it for a while.

Just get it announced. He's been here all day. Wosup don't we start paying them till it's officially announced?.
    Ok don't tell me. More lamy red tape

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Just get it announced. He's been here all day. Wosup don't we start paying them till it's officially announced?.
    Ok don't tell me. More lamy red tape
    So who is it cayton?
    My guess it’s a young lad, tall Nigerian
    similar to Semi Ajayi.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast