+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jonathon Forte:

I was at that Charlton game and Johnny Forte along with his team mates absolutely ripped Charlton to bits in the first half. Pity all of our goals were at the other end but concur on the best 45 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    Great shame, I really liked him, never understood why Nolan wouldn't play him.
    Hint: The reason is what the article is about, the guy was made out of glass and was never fit.

Nolan didn't keep him out of the team because he didn't like him and then eventually give in to peer pressure, he just couldn't stay fit, Nolan even joked about it and the fact that he could, it's no surprise the career of a perenially injured player has come to an end due to an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Hint: The reason is what the article is about, the guy was made out of glass and was never fit.

Nolan didn't keep him out of the team because he didn't like him and then eventually give in to peer pressure, he just couldn't stay fit, Nolan even joked about it and the fact that he could, it's no surprise the career of a perenially injured player has come to an end due to an injury.
    He clearly had injury problems during his career, however, I'm certain Nolan left him out for other reasons during the playoff season. I'm sure there was an interview on RN where when Forte came back into the side and was asked why he'd been out, he said he hadn't been injured and was just left out. He seemed rather perplexed about why.

Amebie and Forte would have been my first choice strike partnership that season.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Ah, that goal. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Typical example of a crap manager not playing our best striker for one who looked for cheap fouls and who spent more time on his arse.
    I have no idea who you're talking about durham.
    Anyway, good luck to Jonathan, (a player I shall remember fondly)in his future endeavours.

Here's his 3 goals v Charlton away....we were 4-0 up at halftime, those were the days......natural goal-scorer who was completely overlooked by the future England manager who was busy scouring Europe for the Lone Ranger's brother, Nile.

I also remember his post-match interview on his "recall" to the side where he stated he hadn't been injured, plus KN's muted "apology" for ignoring him.....hope Forte gets a job in coaching somewhere.....all the best
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsCKXXSY1MI

A few rose-tinted memories on here. Forte wasn't without ability, but when Nolan ignored him it was because he was anonymous most of the time he was on the pitch. He struggled to get involved and didn't look particularly interested. He had a good spell towards the end of the season, but he's always been that sort of player for us - good in short bursts, with spells of mediocrity at best in between.

Sad news that he's had to retire however, I would wish him well for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A few rose-tinted memories on here. Forte wasn't without ability, but when Nolan ignored him it was because he was anonymous most of the time he was on the pitch. He struggled to get involved and didn't look particularly interested. He had a good spell towards the end of the season, but he's always been that sort of player for us - good in short bursts, with spells of mediocrity at best in between.

Sad news that he's had to retire however, I would wish him well for the future.
    Amen. You could argue that he retired shortly after Southampton gave him that ridiculously long and lucrative contract...

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Here's his 3 goals v Charlton away....we were 4-0 up at halftime, those were the days......natural goal-scorer who was completely overlooked by the future England manager who was busy scouring Europe for the Lone Ranger's brother, Nile.

I also remember his post-match interview on his "recall" to the side where he stated he hadn't been injured, plus KN's muted "apology" for ignoring him.....hope Forte gets a job in coaching somewhere.....all the best
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsCKXXSY1MI
    Love that video, makes me proud to be a Notts fan. The Charlton fans behind the goal are my favourite part ha ha. What are we doing away to Ebbsfleet foooooooook me what a load of balls ha ha.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast