+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jonathon Forte:

Jonathon Forte:

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Its now in the Post as well: https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...nathan-3230535

Great shame, I really liked him, never understood why Nolan wouldn't play him.

For whatever reason, Nolan didn't like him and only played him when forced to due to other players being injured. When that happened, he proved that he could score goals - which was what had dried up. Had Nolan played given him an opportunity earlier, I think we'd have gone up automatically. Just my view of course, but that was very poor management from Nolan.

Returning to topic, it's a real shame to read about as he always came across as a nice bloke when I heard him interviewed and I thought he always gave it his all when he played for us. Good luck to him in whatever he does next.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    For whatever reason, Nolan didn't like him and only played him when forced to due to other players being injured. When that happened, he proved that he could score goals - which was what had dried up. Had Nolan played given him an opportunity earlier, I think we'd have gone up automatically. Just my view of course, but that was very poor management from Nolan.

Returning to topic, it's a real shame to read about as he always came across as a nice bloke when I heard him interviewed and I thought he always gave it his all when he played for us. Good luck to him in whatever he does next.
    Forte was a good player mismanaged and undermined by Nolan repeatedly in media interviews. I agree, if used properly Notts may well have been automatically promoted that season.

23 goals in 83 games for us according to Wikipedia. I think that includes subs appearances too. It's a really good strike rate considering how often he was overlooked. With the possible exception of Oldham, we basically had his best years with us...

I agree with the other posters. Forte was a proven goalscorer and should have played more that season. He scored some important goals towards the end of the season - Coventry at home in the league, away in the playoffs, and also at home in the playoffs (he scored a perfectly good goal, screw the officials). The fact he did enough to get his own chant during that time said it all.

Always liked to see his name on the team sheet, especially instead of Stead. Shame he’s had to retire.

Typical example of a crap manager not playing our best striker for one who looked for cheap fouls and who spent more time on his arse.

Such a shame and I really liked Jonathon Forte. He had a natural striker quality about him. The first time he came on loan from S****horpe he scored 4 in 4 appearances back in 2008. He came on loan again in 2009 and scored 4 in 14 appearances.

The third time he came on loan was in 2012 when he was at Southampton and scored 5 in 10 appearances for us. It was this spell which I will remember him the most fondly.

Who remembers when were in League One and Charlton were top of the league. We went to The Valley and beat Charlton 4-2 with Forte scoring a hatrick. We were 4-0 up at half time. It was arguably the best 45 minutes of football I've seen us play this century, and the best performance under Keith Curle.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 20-08-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Forte was a good player mismanaged and undermined by Nolan repeatedly in media interviews. I agree, if used properly Notts may well have been automatically promoted that season.
    Agree with all posters. Their manager gave him a better testimonial than Nolan ever would

Matt added that Jonno was a very popular figure in the dressing room and everyone’s thoughts at Exeter are with him.....''I wish I would have worked with him five or 10 years ago because he is a hell of a player and a hell of a person.

I know what a great character he has been around the place and it is such a shame. I am really disappointed for him.... we are always here as a club for Jonno and he is always going to be welcome. We will catch up with him time and time again when we play up north and hopefully he will bring the family down south to watch some games at the Park...

... I know the fans will appreciate what he did for the club, even in a short period of time, but these things happen in football. It is a real shame because Jonno is a top, top bloke, regardless of football, and good person to be around on a daily basis and we will miss him.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast