+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V Brizzle

Could it just be that Marriott is being eased back in following his INJURY that everybody seems to have forgotten about and will only be started when ready? Could it just be that the club are being careful with a young man's health and future to avoid having a George Thorne 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Could it just be that Marriott is being eased back in following his INJURY that everybody seems to have forgotten about and will only be started when ready? Could it just be that the club are being careful with a young man's health and future to avoid having a George Thorne 2.0?
    Possible... The sooner he gets over his illness the better. We need him. He looks on it when he comes on.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Possible... The sooner he gets over his illness the better. We need him. He looks on it when he comes on.
    It appears it's not the illness. It's an injury picked up in pre season in Florida......

Did not go last night but watched on the red button (how crap is that by the way). To be honest, we dominated for 88 mins and could have had 2 or 3 first half despite not playing well. Again in my opinion we are way too slow and lose any opportunity of getting in behind. All of our recent managers since Mac1 have had the same issue. Bristol were organised and took their chances well. We killed ourselves really but they took advantage, so no problem, that's football.

I agree with DCFCArmy, two holding midfielders at home? Not sure about that.

Still can't understand JM coming on so late. Hopefully there is a reason but I have no idea what it is.

Got to agree any manager thats thinks two holding midfielders at home puts you on the front foot is deluded
    That really worries me
    A positive was he went three at the back one holder and pushed the full/wing backs up from the second half start
    but....... what was his thinking to start with that formation ,that stinks of caution and most fans don't want a cautious manager
    Lose 2-1 having a go - we can forgive
    Hope he learns from this

Spot on.. Lampard was too cautious hopefully Coco won’t be once he has all the players available..

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    Got to agree any manager thats thinks two holding midfielders at home puts you on the front foot is deluded
    That really worries me
    A positive was he went three at the back one holder and pushed the full/wing backs up from the second half start
    but....... what was his thinking to start with that formation ,that stinks of caution and most fans don't want a cautious manager
    Hope he learns from this
    People had a go at me when I said his football at PSV was "business-like" and "efficient". Sort the back out and then attack with speed. This is exactly what we are seeing. The only problem is that the quick rapier like attacks down the left break down as soon as Malone gets the ball, turns his back to the sideline and...... passes backwards. Down the right, the full back, be that Bogle or Lowe tends to be quick on the attack. WEith Bennett ahead of them, the speed continues. Less so when FloJo is there.

Another point I made at the time was that, yes, he was known at PSV for bringing younger players on but that was, in the main, younger players he had brought in from other clubs, rather than promoting from his own Academy. I am pleased that he appears to be taking the DCFC Academy seriously and is giving "our own" a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    It appears it's not the illness. It's an injury picked up in pre season in Florida......
    The pesky theme park rides.. Grrr.
    Hope it was not the tea cups.

The pesky theme park rides.. Grrr.
    Hope it was not the tea cups.
    Angry he actually got food poisoning in Florida that's what laid him low Then a small niggle on return to home They have been ultra cautious with him

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    That really worries me
    Hope he learns from this
    Eddie I think we have got to get used to it If you check his managerial record he's always played two holding midfielders , that's how he won those three titles so can't see him changing much Nothing actually wrong with 4-2-3-1 it's just I'm not convinced we've got the players to play it especially the loan striker

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Angry he actually got food poisoning in Florida that's what laid him low Then a small niggle on return to home They have been ultra cautious with him
    Yeah, I thought there was an illness involved.. I had food poisoning last year at Rick Steins in Barnes.. Dodgy oysters.. Never felt so drained in all my life, took weeks to get over it..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)