+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V Brizzle

V Brizzle

One word, absolute tripe. Oh, that's two!!

Absolute dog ****

Cocu has managed to make the attack worse and done nothing with the defence which is still cr*p

Another Morris beauty

Sing about rooney and 32 red gambling parasites though

The club is a rich mans bi*ch

2 holding mids at home?

And this bloke is "total football"?

My god it looks like the fans were sold another fantastic dose of bull s*it then

The football is f*cking horrible, and please don't say he needs more time, Bielsa got a bunch of cloggers playing decent stuff quickly... BECAUSE HE GOT THEM WELL COACHED!!!!!.

Its slow and turgid stuff this, reminds me of Paul Clement only more expensive in wages being paid to Cocu

Ignoring somebodies piffle, and taking into account that my expectations are for a season of stabilisation and foundation building, that was bloody very disappointing! Every player seemed totally and utterly devoid of an ounce of ability or any idea of what was going on!!
    Well write that down as 'one of them days'!!

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    2 holding mids at home?

My god it looks like the fans were sold another fantastic dose of bull s*it then

The football is f*cking horrible, and please don't say he needs more time, Bielsa got a bunch of cloggers playing decent stuff quickly... BECAUSE HE GOT THEM WELL COACHED!!!!!.

Its slow and turgid stuff this, reminds me of Paul Clement only more expensive in wages being paid to Cocu
    Christ, you don’t half overreact.
    It was disappointing...yes but that’s all.
    Twice as much possession, ten more shots, nine corners to nil, more shots on target...but yes...we lost...for the first time this season...so we’re all pissed off but let’s keep some sort of perspective.
    On the plus side...Lowe played well, Bielik grew into the game, Marriott looked sharp, Zoon offered more than expected and we fought back well after two awful pieces of defending in the first half.
    On the down side...Bennett continues to offer little other than effort, Huddlestone is so slow and off the pace it’s becoming embarrassing, Lawrence continues to frustrate and Malone is just a liability.
    We’re a work in progress, most of us know that, but maybe the first bit of progress is to realise that if Malone and Huddlestone start against WBA on Saturday we’ll struggle.

Bennett offers little other than effort? Half a dozen ***** tackles, as many runs into space where the ball didn't come. One of the 2 best moves we had when he blasted past the left back and put a good cross in. The other was a similar move down the same wing by Lowe.

Overall Bennett is a much better bet than FloJo. He can also put in crosses with either foot.

FloJo and Lawro get played on the "wrong" wing so almost invariably cut inside straight into the congested heart of the oppo's defence. I can only think that is what they are asked to do or Cocu would surely drop them.......

Bristol were a very well organised outfit. Why we continued to try to go down the middle rather than down the outside and put crosses in is a mystery. This "wrong sided winger" lark is a good tactic to use occasionally of you have the right players to play it. Wilson was a good example. FloJo and Lawro aren't. Start them on thw wrong side if you want but have them frequently swap wings to give the full backs a hard time.

Marriott is close to a start following his injury. The injury is the only reason he isn't ready to start yet. "Social media" is full of people moaning because he isn't starting who seem to have forgotten that he is still on his way back following injury. Holmes had 45 good minutes with the U23s on Monday and could be ready after the international break.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Bennett offers little other than effort? Half a dozen ***** tackles, as many runs into space where the ball didn't come. One of the 2 best moves we had when he blasted past the left back and put a good cross in. The other was a similar move down the same wing by Lowe.

Overall Bennett is a much better bet than FloJo. He can also put in crosses with either foot.

FloJo and Lawro get played on the "wrong" wing so almost invariably cut inside straight into the congested heart of the oppo's defence. I can only think that is what they are asked to do or Cocu would surely drop them.......

Bristol were a very well organised outfit. Why we continued to try to go down the middle rather than down the outside and put crosses in is a mystery. This "wrong sided winger" lark is a good tactic to use occasionally of you have the right players to play it. Wilson was a good example. FloJo and Lawro aren't. Start them on thw wrong side if you want but have them frequently swap wings to give the full backs a hard time.

Marriott is close to a start following his injury. The injury is the only reason he isn't ready to start yet. "Social media" is full of people moaning because he isn't starting who seem to have forgotten that he is still on his way back following injury. Holmes had 45 good minutes with the U23s on Monday and could be ready after the international break.
    We differ on Bennett and Huddlestone, MA...but that’s about all.
    In relation to Bennett...I never fault his effort and you’re right about the tackles he puts in but at this level I’m getting tired of waiting for him to provide a consistent threat up front...been about ten years now.
    As far as Huddlestone is concerned...he’d be my first choice if selecting someone to take part in the ‘crossbar challenge’ and his distribution can be sublime but in the heat of competitive battle he gets found out. He’s always been slow and age hasn’t improved him. Two matches in four days, three matches in a week or six matches in a fortnight is just beyond him these days imo and I wouldn’t consider him for anything more than the last twenty minutes (depending on the game situation obviously) on Saturday.

Think Malone is just poor but completely agree with you about the other stuff.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 21-08-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    2 holding mids at home?

You were the prat who kept telling us Leeds were nothing last season Well Bielsa (you know the cheat ) lost 14matches last season Cocu has lost one Just unfreeze that brain cell of yours and give him chance ffs

Did not go last night but watched on the red button (how crap is that by the way). To be honest, we dominated for 88 mins and could have had 2 or 3 first half despite not playing well. Again in my opinion we are way too slow and lose any opportunity of getting in behind. All of our recent managers since Mac1 have had the same issue. Bristol were organised and took their chances well. We killed ourselves really but they took advantage, so no problem, that's football.

I agree with DCFCArmy, two holding midfielders at home? Not sure about that.

Still can't understand JM coming on so late. Hopefully there is a reason but I have no idea what it is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)