+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mason Bennett, Kieron Dowell and Tom Huddleston

Mason Bennett, Kieron Dowell and Tom Huddleston

Send Dowell back to Everton, And stick Bennett and Huddleston on gardening leave with Anya and Martin, and offload the pair of em in the summer

Absolute garbage all 3, Bennett has somehow managed to fashion a career at Derby with zero ability

He's not a winger, he doesn't score goals, he's not even quick

Huddleston is old, slow and pi*s poor

No pace or quality in midfield.
    I agree that Huddleston is slow and cumbersome and Keogh at the back gives me the jitters everytime he plays.
    Bogle needed. Holmes needed. Marriott needed just to start with.
    Sadly another season in the championship beckons unless relegation looms.
    Total garbage tonight.

Bennett put in one of the only 2 decent crosses we put in yesterday. Max Lowe provided the other. Half a dozen critical tackles made by Bennett.

Marriott isn't yet deemed fit enough to start by the trainer and the medical staff. Even if they are wrong, better have him starting back 2 games too late rather than too soon and causing more problems.

Holmes had a decent 45 minutes with the U23s on Monday and might be fit after the international break.

Anya is injured which shows how much notice some people take of news reported by the club. He hasn't played for the 1st XI this season yet so how does anyone know whether he was plaing well or not.

Martin isn't the player he was although he did put in a decent performance for the 23s on Monday. He has a contract, is fit but doesn't fit in the system we are playing now. Not his fault. Hopefully he can get a loan move.

I think I prefer FLs and PCs thoughts on Huddlestone to those of people who can't even spell the bloke's name correctly.

Malone? Plays his best football in the attacking third. In the middle third he takes the speed out of every attack because he always ends up with his back to the sideline and, because he can't/won't use his right, invariably plays the ball backwards with his left. Play Lowe there once Bogle is fit again and play Buchanan there now. Keep Buchanan there if he deserves to keep his place.

Dowell is a good player. He had a better game yesterday and will grow into the role.

We have to face the fact that this is could well be a transition season. If we are up there (top 12) come January, #32 arrives and we can buy/loan 2 players to make the difference and have a good go at promotion.

To sum it all up............ 4 games into a 46 game season and there are those who believe it's the end of the world............. SMH (Shaking My Head)

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Bennett put in one of the only 2 decent crosses we put in yesterday. Max Lowe provided the other. Half a dozen critical tackles made by Bennett.

Marriott isn't yet deemed fit enough to start by the trainer and the medical staff. Even if they are wrong, better have him starting back 2 games too late rather than too soon and causing more problems.

Holmes had a decent 45 minutes with the U23s on Monday and might be fit after the international break.

Anya is injured which shows how much notice some people take of news reported by the club. He hasn't played for the 1st XI this season yet so how does anyone know whether he was plaing well or not.

Martin isn't the player he was although he did put in a decent performance for the 23s on Monday. He has a contract, is fit but doesn't fit in the system we are playing now. Not his fault. Hopefully he can get a loan move.

I think I prefer FLs and PCs thoughts on Huddlestone to those of people who can't even spell the bloke's name correctly.

Malone? Plays his best football in the attacking third. In the middle third he takes the speed out of every attack because he always ends up with his back to the sideline and, because he can't/won't use his right, invariably plays the ball backwards with his left. Play Lowe there once Bogle is fit again and play Buchanan there now. Keep Buchanan there if he deserves to keep his place.

Dowell is a good player. He had a better game yesterday and will grow into the role.

We have to face the fact that this is could well be a transition season. If we are up there (top 12) come January, #32 arrives and we can buy/loan 2 players to make the difference and have a good go at promotion.
    MA I agree with most of what you say ,but please stop making excuse for Bennett he's a pizz poor player always has been and always will be
    Last edited by mistaram; 21-08-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MA I agree with most of what you say ,but please stop making excuse for Bennett he's a pizz poor player always has been and always will be
    Not making excuses. Merely pointing out positive things that I see rather than just "Bennett is crap" as some do.

A look at Bennett's "career" to date will tell you that his development has been greatly hampered by a series of injuries limiting the number of appearances he has made. The 38 or so he ahd last season is actually more than he had previously for Derby following his debut some 8 years ago. That FACT means that he is not where he should be at his age. Something I have written previously on here. He is playing catch up and is, IMO, more worthy of a start than FloJo. He needs another busy season like he did last season to get near where he should be at 23. The last 2 mnagers seem to want to give him game time and that won't be a charitable act on their part.

FL kept playing him last season as he did exactly what he wanted him to do. PC seems to think he is at least worthy a matchday XVIII spot. I would respectfully say that their views on Mason are more relevant than yours or mine.

Not making excuses. Merely pointing out positive things that I see rather than just "Bennett is crap" as some do.

A look at Bennett's "career" to date will tell you that his development has been greatly hampered by a series of injuries limiting the number of appearances he has made. The 38 or so he ahd last season is actually more than he had previously for Derby following his debut some 8 years ago. That FACT means that he is not where he should be at his age. Something I have written previously on here. He is playing catch up and is, IMO, more worthy of a start than FloJo. He needs another busy season like he did last season to get near where he should be at 23. The last 2 mnagers seem to want to give him game time and that won't be a charitable act on their part.

FL kept playing him last season as he did exactly what he wanted him to do. PC seems to think he is at least worthy a matchday XVIII spot. I would respectfully say that their views on Mason are more relevant than yours or mine.
    How many chances and how long do you give a player That is showing less now than he did at 16 The only reason he had so many sub appearences last season was because Marriott and Waghorn were always injured We all want to see local lad come good but with him afraid it's not. going to happen He gets cut a lot of slack because he's been at the club since school, but it's time somebody at the club to tell him the Championship isn't the place for him As for Zoon the blokes cheating money winger i can count on one hand the number of decent crosses he's given us

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    How many chances and how long do you give a player That is showing less now than he did at 16 The only reason he had so many sub appearences last season was because Marriott and Waghorn were always injured We all want to see local lad come good but with him afraid it's not. going to happen He gets cut a lot of slack because he's been at the club since school, but it's time somebody at the club to tell him the Championship isn't the place for him As for Zoon the blokes cheating money winger i can count on one hand the number of decent crosses he's given us
    I have also said on this very forum that he can thank his lucky stars as not many players get the chances he has had. I know 1st hand of his potential. The vast majority of lads getting his number of injuries would have been cut loose long ago. A series of managers have seen fit to give him more time....... why do you think that is? Sentiment? Or do they see something in him that you don't?

I have also said on this very forum that he can thank his lucky stars as not many players get the chances he has had. I know 1st hand of his potential. The vast majority of lads getting his number of injuries would have been cut loose long ago. A series of managers have seen fit to give him more time....... why do you think that is? Sentiment? Or do they see something in him that you don't?
    No a series of managers have sent him out on loan If you know first hand of his potential can you please explain what it is Because I doubt many people have seen him more than me and I fail to see it What I will say in his favour is he's a trier and works hard , but he doesn't have football brain his control is atrocious Having said all that as poor as I rate him I would rather have him in than a couple of others ,that's how low i rate some of them But it's all about opinions I respect yours at least you give a reasoned argument

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)