+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Brentford ***Matchday Thread***

Kemar who?

More like Dwight who ��

What's even more beautiful about the goal tonight is the way Costa nutmegs the Brentford number 18 to slide the ball on a sixpence to Eddie.

That poor number 18 for Brentford eh?

For what its worth:

Bamford, still and I've said it before I don't see this 'natural' goalscorer people keep talking about. Time and time again today he pulls into non goalscoring positions when the ball is outwide or in the box, there was one particualr moment when Pablo had it on the left hand side the box and Bamford went from edge of 6 yard box to almost next to Pablo 2 yards from edge of box! I won't fault his effort but hes crap, a proper striker should be bagging 30 in this team and all Bamford seems to convert is tap ins from 3 yards out that are just fortuitous rather than clever play like Nketiah today who got into a position to meet the cross, something Bamford rarely seems to do.

Hernandez was crap, worst I'v seen him in a Leeds shirt and was happy to see him replaced. But its Pablo, he will be back raring to go.

Overall we were much better, crap but still far superior to Brentford and deserved the win. Their only 'chance' and I refuse to call a shot from outside box a chance, just struck the post but that was it, nothing more from them. Our passing was poor and I was getting more and more irate at Forshaw ignoring wide open wingers to pass it backwards, that said I like Forshaw, I'm just not convinced he is the attacking midfielder we need, he is more of a back up to Phillips imo. Kiko had a good game, looks more commanding at crosses currently. Ref wasn't as bad as crowd made him out to be, there was what looked like a hand ball but wasn't sure, looked like one to me though.

Ben White- bloody brilliant if he stays fit most of year we won't be far off. Better player and defender than Cooper and someone who on the performances ive seen so far we should definitely look at signing permanently.

Kiko- 8
    Alioski- 5
    Cooper- 7
    White- 9
    Dallas- 7
    Phillips- 7
    Forshaw- 4
    Klich- 6
    Harrison- 5
    Pablo- 4
    Bamford- 4

Nketiah- 8
    Costa- 8
    Berardi- 5

Think Bielsa needs to look at switching one of Forshaw and Klich out for home games where we will dominate to give us more of a goal threat, possibly moving Pablo inside and starting Costa. Today and against Forest we looked short of goalscorers, Forshaw tries hard but he looks as likely to score as Luke Chadwick on a night out.

Average performance in which two brilliant options off the bench made the difference for us.

Costa should start, he is much better than anything else we have,nketiah gets in the positions a striker should, he's a natural goalscorer, those two together causes havoc.

Thought it was a good contest between us and Brentford.

Bamford had a better game than some are suggesting, the service to him was dreadful and I only remember him having a 1/2 chance with a header that he nearly scored.

Alioski is my villain so far this season, seeing lots of the ball, trying very hard but the end product is so disappointing. I think he is perhaps trying to hard and is overcomplicating things.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Thought it was a good contest between us and Brentford.

Bamford had a better game than some are suggesting, the service to him was dreadful and I only remember him having a 1/2 chance with a header that he nearly scored.

Alioski is my villain so far this season, seeing lots of the ball, trying very hard but the end product is so disappointing. I think he is perhaps trying to hard and is overcomplicating things.
    Agree with most of that. Bamford had poor service but too often seems to lack that something special to make his own chance, nothing like the guy who thumped a hat trick past us for Boru.

Casilla another clean sheet, the little he had to do did well but don't see 8/10, thought Forshaw did ok, a physical battle in midfield, better than 4/10. Eddie a natural scorer, him and Costa forming a great partnership, as are White and Cooper.
    No happy return for Pontus thankfully.

Home games are going to be harder than playing away this season. Teams will play 11 players behind the ball at ER and most will probably see a draw as a win here.

Would love to see Costa and Eddie start at home to try and open up the opposition early in the game and take some pressure off the team with a goal or two. Not sure if they are up to Bielsa's standard of fitness yet.

I thought Bamford wasn't too bad last night and there was other players who played worse.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    Home games are going to be harder than playing away this season. Teams will play 11 players behind the ball at ER and most will probably see a draw as a win here.

Would love to see Costa and Eddie start at home to try and open up the opposition early in the game and take some pressure off the team with a goal or two. Not sure if they are up to Bielsa's standard of fitness yet.

I thought Bamford wasn't too bad last night and there was other players who played worse.
    If we start with plan B Costa and Eddie and its not working out.... Especially at home where as you say teams come to defend. Currently I think it suits at home to bring them on in 2nd half, hopefully earlier each time, let them run at some leggy defenders... Away from home they may get more room...anyway it's all good, hope Dallas is not too damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    If we start with plan B Costa and Eddie and its not working out.... Especially at home where as you say teams come to defend. Currently I think it suits at home to bring them on in 2nd half, hopefully earlier each time, let them run at some leggy defenders... Away from home they may get more room...anyway it's all good, hope Dallas is not too damaged.
    I thought that Alioski seemed unwillng to pass a simple ball to Harrison out on the left - especially second half, he seems to want to run at defenders and inveriably lose the ball when a simple pass was on - frustrating as hell!
    Agree that Pablo had his worst game for ages, don't know why the negativity about Forshaw - who IMO was better at passing than Phillips or Klitch last night, Cooper, Berardi, Dallas, Allioski and Pablo where all poor in terms of simple passes last night - that said, NO one could fault any player for effort, and at the end of the day we got the three points against what I reckon will be a very good team as the season progresses, and their many newbies settle in. Crowd was a bit quiet at times I thought - especially as there where 35000+ in the ground - amazing for a midweek game that was also on the red button!

I also agree that Eddie / Costa maybe for now should be used as impact players - more so at home - but maybe a bit like Clarke last season - bring one or both on at half time rather than just ten/fif**** minutes from time.

But overall a good three points against another of our bogey teams, should be on twelve points - but ten is were we where last season - so a little improvement with a better looking overall squad and who knows...

As a few have said... Roofe/Jansson who?

Top of the league and next up a struggling stoke.....hmmmm

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)