+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

Birmingham showed us how to win ugly.

Sh1te first heyf from both teams. We ed ten minutes after heyf time but then the owd eeads in the Birmingham side took over.

Mooast ez been sed--Ben Williams not ready, Siddick like a manikin for their first, Roberts throws caused trouble, Thiam lost possession every time he got the ball and back to the usual blowing arta his arse and tekken off after 70 mins, Bahre one of his AWOL games, others average at best.

Hoss may be smoking a cigar this week congratulating himself on the best transfer window in BFC history and these lads being a significant upgrade on those who have departed but it is Daniel who ezzto pick up the kids for Saturday. Perhaps we could "do a Bolton" and get the game postponed on the grounds of young players suffering.

Fixtures ev been kind and we ev Luton and Wigan to come befooar it gets tougher. We will probably be in the bottom six after toneet's (Wed) games and the next two games are already six pointers. Daniel's body language not good last neet.

Wiv let in 2 or more goals in the last four games. Difficult to score 3 in this league.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 21-08-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Not only Cavare should be in the team he should be Captain! He has a will to win and a desire to get the team forward and playing how we should the Captaicy may also control his bad side?
    Sibbick ponces around the pitch like a show pony! Jutkiewicz lost Anderson at every set play and he was clearly told to mark him at set plays, Diaby seems to be making sure of every pass he plays which shows a lack of confidence theres no quick passess with him he has to be in the clear to make a pass and if he is closed down he tries to run past the player and loses the ball.
    Did Thomas find a Red and White shirt with a pass last night? I like young Ben but with this lot playing at the back with him no wonder he isn't playing well, I'd try young Odour to see if he can make a better fist of it cos Pinnilos doesn't seem fit after his injury.
    Mowatt was trying to do something on his own last night and I felt sorry for him, at least we realise that Chaplin needs someone up with him that will support his runs by taking defenders away.
    Thiam clearly isn't good enough and Wilks should start over him every week, but again he needs to step up to this level more than he has.

I take the point that the new recruits are far from up to speed right now .

However the players who were with us last season and the championship season before are hardly covering themselves in glory .

Mowatt , McGeehan and Thiam were passengers last night , it's not gone unnoticed by Animal that all three were a failure at championship level before , McGeehan and Mowatt were banged out on loan to league one clubs .

Bahre was here last season and Ben Williams also had a number of games although he's relatively raw , Bahre is 24 years old now and hardly a green horn plus he's the skipper .

Cavare and Pinillos can't get back in the team quick enough for me , Sibbick and Ben Williams are simply not ready for this level , Williams struggled last season in league one .

I'm hopeful Jacob Brown and Kenny Dougall can improve us but then again both are unproven at this level .

I'm desperately trying to remain as positive as I can be but last night's performance not necessarily the result had the alarm bells ringing and there was more than a hint of 2017 / 18 about it .

We all know how that ended .

Perky ! Oduor looked nothing special against Cardiff under 23s, he was reasonable , if we are expecting him and quite a few more to gel quickly ? We're going to be dissapointed , with the best will in the World , i would be thrilled if half of these young players got to Championship standard so quickly , odds are against this happening , same old story though , Experience needed , guidance from a Top Pro could be the difference between a quality player , or one that just drifts down the leagues rated not good enough ,
    Spreadsheet needs altering now , because league division one awaits again , and the fans will rightly feel aggrieved if this happens again ,
    I also think Stendel is having a problem here now , he's not the same in his interviews, maybe he's fed up of all these changes ? It's OK bringing money in , the fans/supporters don't get any of that , just these greedy owners who benefit , and none have any attachment to our club or Town ,

Agree with your last post Animal , maybe an ego problem with 1 or 2 ? I hope not , bad for the dressing room . Fans of BFC in general give a little more time to players , but are rightly quick to criticise anyone who doesn't put a shift in , work hard give your best , even in defeat , we stick by them ,
    There's no fooling our Fans , it won't be tolerated , Boardroom Take Note .

The spreadsheet will never change that's why we're always going to be a yoyo club suits aren't interested which lg we're in and its a good selling excuse for the 6-7 million they loose because of relegation personally I can't understand their logic stay in championship with a guaranteed 6-7 million every season and good attendances or sell players for odd million and it starts all over again

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    The spreadsheet will never change that's why we're always going to be a yoyo club suits aren't interested which lg we're in and its a good selling excuse for the 6-7 million they loose because of relegation personally I can't understand their logic stay in championship with a guaranteed 6-7 million every season and good attendances or sell players for odd million and it starts all over again
    It shows complete disrespect for us who have followed the club for years and spent our money watching them buying merch etc. As long as theres a profit on a player sod success and supporter satisfaction its irrelevant to the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Not much thought about Fans then ? losing patience with this carry on , why carnt we keep a team together , challenging for top 6 or better ? Are we going to be constantly changing the squad , if that's the case ? It shows how much they disrespect the fan base, it's shown in the past , once fans leave , not many return , just the same old suckers or maybe not next time

I haven't really got a problem with the sale of players in principle , as a self sustaining club then that's how we will pay the bills so to speak .

We all know what we are , we can't match the terms bigger or more owner orientated clubs can at this level and that's unlikely to change anytime soon , it is what it is .

I haven't a problem with focusing in on up and coming talent under 24 years of age but I have a problem with the TOTAL commitment to this policy especially at championship level .

I think it's fair to say in League One you can get away with it , that is now actually a proven fact given our automatic promotion and 91 points collected , a club record .

Much has been said by a number of posters with the decision to sell Pinnock , Lindsay and Moore and its affects on this season , the club had very little choice , all three went chasing higher terms and didn't want to be here , it's actually heartening in this day and age that at Oakwell at least the dog still wags the tail .

At championship level this policy is flawed , not only is it flawed it's a proven fact to be flawed as referenced by our relegation in 2017 / 18 .

You need at least two if not three experienced seasoned campaigners in the championship if you are to retain your status with the emphasis on recruiting young talent to sell on for profit and there lies my problem as well as a good number of posters on this board and the bbs .

I'm not talking about over the hill one last pay day merchants either , the Marlon Harewoods and Jason Scotlands were tremendous value and kept this club in the championship .

The TV revenue in the championship next season is £10m and increase of £3m on the present deal surely a sensible approach with our policy has to come in to play given the financial implications of relegation .

Conway and co were quick to point out the mistakes made by the club in the recent past and suggested lessons had been learnt .

I'd suggest that is utter cr@p because not only are we going to down the failed route we are doing so with an even younger group than we had under Hecky even though the fees paid out are actually higher and recruited from a slightly higher level of football .

Remarkable from a successful business group who have made billions .

The most successful transfer window in the club's history will be judged after game 46 and he might want to do a bit of research on the club's most successful transfer summer .

Try 1996 Paul when the club recruited experienced championship talent and got itself promoted to the PL .

It may dawn on us one day that the current incumbents have made their fortunes not on football per se but on footballers as a commodity [not much different to most clubs come to think of it[ although our mob do it with some relish
    They will be equally happy regardless of th league we are in just so long as they turn a profit
    It is a worry that these people don't seem to have any concern about the potential loss of income which a drop to L1 would bring
    It's not only a worry but a puzzling attitude
    You also have to question their wisdom in thinking they can bring in so many young players & expect them to perform to Championship standards with no previous experience
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 21-08-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast