+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

That's cos we know our stuff SB
    Jules up until this season I have been a regular attender! Last season 12 home games and 9 away which I don't think is too bad for someone who has a four hour round trip for home games?
    I was a season ticket holder for years when I lived in Yorkshire, however that was when I thought we would always strive to do our best to put a team together which was capable of competing at the level we were at!
    I do listen to all the games I don't attend on Ifollow and managed to watch the game on Tuesday which confirmed my criticism was not unjust.
    However it is a board of "Opinions" of which I am entitled to have and if you continue to throw your money into Mr Lee's pocket with no chance of improving our position then that is your choice and something I would never slate you for as the club is in our blood and it shows you care.

Keep on giving your opinions perky they are spot on

Don’t get me wrong it’s very early days and a couple of wins and the mindset is totally different - we probably have as many points as we would’ve hoped for by this time when we first looked at the fixtures, however the Fulham game has fuelled our expectations and ultimately the players that day laid down a market to show what they’re capable of.

One area that’s overlooked - and dare I say it if we’re relegated- is that we have brought players in on longer term contracts (which I think is good) at championship level wages , but..... if we go down and you are left with a crop of crap players who nobody wants on decent money and 3 years left on contracts and SCMP kicks in then we have to hope that we have relegation clauses in them and that we’ve signed them with an eye on going down!! Otherwise we could be left with a big problem of either offloading them at a loss, keeping substandard players for another 3 years or paying their contracts up which then lessens the business model

Dare I say this as well , but if you look at Bristol city they have struck a good balance using our business model whereby they buy at £5&6m but sell at £13/14m.

That was in theory what we eventually did however we seem to be doing a cheapskate version of it!

It is good Renno that they have long contracts, but I see their motives differently? I see it that they have bought these players so that if we do go down they can once again say “we will keep the squad together so they can take us back”
    The business model then kicks in big time for the owners because they will be too good for League 1 and we will come straight back up, then BFC has a team of players whose stock has gone up with promotion and having Championship experience, this is when the sales will come and another crop of youngsters are brought in for another relegation battle in the Championship!
    But that’s ok because they will have taken their share of the profits before we buy cheap replacements! This after putting in unrealistic bids for players they know won’t come here so that it looks like they are trying to sign a bigger and better calibre of player to keep the fans happy!
    Cynical I know but they have shown nothing so far to alter my way of thinking!

We cant just assume that relegation from the championship will be followed by instant promotion from league 1. It's not as easy as that as Sunderland know. Also our neighbour's Sheffield United took 6 seasons to return tut championship.

Last season was the first time we bounced back at the first time of asking in our modern history. Our previous stints in league one following relegation in recent years lasted 4 seasons and 2 seasons respectively.

This is summat the owners have to take into consideration should we be relegated this season. The thing that brought us success last season was continuity, a minimum amount of players leaving plus they had a year laiking together and familiarity with each other. This season we face a far tougher challenge in a much higher quality division yet we have hardly any continuity within the squad because too many players have left. If Stendel keeps us up this season it'll be a far bigger achievement than winning automatic promotion last season in my opinion

Maybe Pass , nowt guaranteed either way here , is there a reason DS hasent extended his contract ? Is there something we won't be allowed to see what the clubs plans are ?
    Maybe we have become used to The Owners !! Doing what they want and sod the fans ? We're not exactly in an ideal situation are we ? All these comings and goings of players is unlikely to attract more fans ? Ambition to move forwards is the option , not greed and disrespect to the fans , interesting next few years , achieving nothing means less fans and much more in support of our club .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234