+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    It may dawn on us one day that the current incumbents have made their fortunes not on football per se but on footballers as a commodity [not much different to most clubs come to think of it[ although our mob do it with some relish
    They will be equally happy regardless of th league we are in just so long as they turn a profit
    It is a worry that these people don't seem to have any concern about the potential loss of income which a drop to L1 would bring
    It's not only a worry but a puzzling attitude
    You also have to question their wisdom in thinking they can bring in so many young players & expect them to perform to Championship standards with no previous experience
    The other concern too Exile is the policy at championship level of managing to unsettle HC's who have had success and want to see the club prosper at championship level .

It is a very hard job to keep the club stable in the championship at the best of times surely they deserve and have earned the right to be listened to when it comes to the subject of experienced championship campaigners .

Nobody is suggesting tearing up the play book by any means but for Christ's sake let's give our HC a reasonable chance of keeping us in the league .

We can all talk about experience but the bottom line is that it won't happen. We are

(cont) just going to have to get used to it and see if we're good enough after 46 games

A bit premature , I’m sure to be talking about dropping To League one I think.
    I’m not a massive fan of the current incumbents, but I am a fan of the fact that we had a good season, and I’m also a fan of the fact that we now have the opportunity to ply our trade in a league better than the previous one having spent some money courtesy of the current incumbents.
    To improve we have to try. We have to go up, and perhaps down again.
    The current incumbents have a right to run the club as they wish... they don’t appear to be running it down to a Bury or Bolton situation, and “with respect” Exile they could have quite easily cashed in on the Championship players that took us down..... and made a profit regardless.

“ Not much different to other clubs”
    is the stand out quote of your post mate!!

We are profitable, successful, and it’s going to get better, like last season. If the coach goes, he goes.. we found another Messiah last time...We will find another if Stendel goes.....We find another, we find new young talent.
    If you want top quality guaranteed, then pay Man City prices....... (no open corners there eh?? ).....

Your Doom and gloom really Fecks me off.. All you do is criticise!
    Do you even go to any games at all?
    Christ... Can you find a positive post at all in your back catalogue?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    (cont) just going to have to get used to it and see if we're good enough after 46 games

Exactly the right attitude.....!
    4 games in and some have us fecked already!

Roma I totally agree with everything you said and I was just thinking Odour might be worth a go?
    Exile the only wisdom there is in this plan is the future profit for the owners! I’ve gone on in other threads about my opinions on the intentions of the owners in regard to all that is BFC so I won’t keep on!
    But I will say I said last season that this was coming and all we have to look forward to going up and down between Championship and L1 because they saw a cash cow doing it, I haven’t attended a game this season and have no intention of traveling 2 hours up the M1 or tracking round the country to watch a bunch of kids desperate to earn a move away from the club I love to make the owners and themselves richer!
    Last edited by perkytyke; 21-08-2019 at 09:45 PM.

But Perky.... Why do you actually bother being involved then? If you don’t attend/watch the games Is your only insight into the club and it’s players derived from media reports...,?
    I pity you.... but perhaps, Like Exile, you thrive on criticising the club, yet as you say, never put anything into it other than tapping your keyboard.
    Unless a play off final, or Wembley Semi final I suspect. .
    Two hours travel....., That’s feck all

Last season was great fun.
    Good manager, great bunch of lads with a positive attitude.
    There were alarm bells ringing though with our January transfer window.
    When all our rivals strengthened, we weakened our squad.
    Charlton came up with us and turned down £6m for Lyle Taylor even though he's only got a year left on his contract.
    We sold Moore, Pinnock & Lindsay and signed unknown or unfancied players (Wilkes excepted). Charlton haven't even got proper owners.
    In a strange way I'd be delighted with how things are going if our owners didn't have so much money.
    What are their intentions? Are they honourable?
    I don't want us to buy success but on the other hand I'd like to try to hang on to the odd gem that we discover.
    The occasional £3m they receive from players is nothing to them, especially when they share it out between themselves.
    We're neither one thing or another. We're a poor little club with incredibly rich owners who seem to have no interest in football.
    I work for a stockbroker with incredibly rich Canadian owners. Until last year we were a family run business with lots of small investors.
    Despite promises there have been redundancies, and more are expected. The small investors have been hit with ridiculous charges forcing many to take their business elsewhere, while the big investors get freebies.The owners jet in every now and then and men in suits show glossy promotion videos but nobody knows where they stand. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer to know where I stand.
    Last edited by Hodger1957; 21-08-2019 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    we now have the opportunity to ply our trade in a league better than the previous one having spent some money courtesy of the current incumbents.
    Not sure about that bit Jules. I think you will find that the money taken in from transfers and other income exceeds the money spent. Dog is a master of not spending money courtesy of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Roma I totally agree with everything you said and I was just thinking Odour might be worth a go?
    Exile the only wisdom there is in this plan is the future profit for the owners! I’ve gone on in other threads about my opinions on the intentions of the owners in regard to all that is BFC so I won’t keep on!
    But I will say I said last season that this was coming and all we have to look forward to going up and down between Championship and L1 because they saw a cash cow doing it, I haven’t attended a game this season and have no intention of traveling 2 hours up the M1 or tracking round the country to watch a bunch of kids desperate to earn a move away from the club I love to make the owners and themselves richer!
    I see the cream has risen to the top Perks. Prediction League Table (Post 2 for updated table).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast