+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

An average age of 22 years old and it showed .

Lightweight to tell the truth , a nothing performance .

Woodrow is an obvious loss because offensively we were absolute shyte but that said Brum aren't a good side and I would have expected more in all honesty .

Panic button far from getting pressed but the home form will have to deliver over the coming months to keep our heads above water .

Pretty much said same on another thread. Very disappointed

HC doesn't know his best 11 , most of us don't either to be honest

Sibbick only likes to pass back Thiam should of been off for Wilkes after about 20 mins ,never looked like losing it first half but never did enough to win it ,Birmingham are a poor side so to me a long season ahead

Saturday, I’d hazard a guess that (if Woodrow Is fit ) we will see the same starting as last Saturday. Mowatt wont play Saturday, he will be injured .
    For me, Mcgeehan and Bähre wouldnt play, (both are playing just like they did when they first played at the club) ! , but I can’t see enough of the youth players to see replacements...
    Left field suggestion...... get Dimi in Midfield.... drive forward, get some tackles in.

Agree with Animals post. We self destructed. One shot on target says it all. A poor performance against a poor side. Hope Woodrow is fit for Saturday. Get Cavare in the team, and possibly Pinnilos. I would drop McGeehan, bring in Styles. Thiam wouldn't be on the bench after tonight

Looked very negative to me last night , fear coming from the HC .

Which tells me right now he doesn't believe in this group of players given his approach last season .

A change of philosophy tells the story , neither newly promoted Norwich or the blunts have changed a single thing from last season despite finding themselves at an even higher level to navigate .

Worrying .

For me we didnt press like we should've done and like we know we can

Birmingham were there for the taking and looked god awful - especially as the home team - if you read their managers comments on the BBC website I would love a pair of his rose coloured glasses - undoubtedly if I put them on I would look like Brad Pitt every morning and would get trouser kisses galore. The defending for the first goal was as a result of these idiotic passes we do in and around our own box instead of just clearing the lines. That goal changed the game.

Thiam really needs to step it up a level as he's starting to look like he cant cut it - especially at this level, and Wilkes should've been in that position.

Bahre went missing for most of the game also

As I have mentioned before our full back positions are the BIG problem, I'm not saying Ben Williams is a bad player but I can only assume his mum chose MOM against Charlton. Sibbick got outjumped by Jutkiewicz who lets be fair has to be one of the Fattest centre forwards in the game and I think this was the only part of the game where he wasnt on the floor or moaning at the referee. It took him 30 seconds to get back up every time he'd finished rolling on the floor. Lets not also overlook such as Luke Thomas who on occassions (especially the first goal) forgets to do the defensive side of his job

We seem to have abandoned our 2 up top and gone for a more poncy approach this season with people who scamper about. My tiny niggle is that we might be starting to go down a road of losing our identity and stopping doing all of the things that got us promoted. It felt like last night we set up to get a point rather than win the match and that is the first time I can say this under Daniel Stendel.

I would rather lose 3 or 4 nil and having a good go than sitting back and losing tamely 1 or 2 nil.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Looked very negative to me last night , fear coming from the HC .

Which tells me right now he doesn't believe in this group of players given his approach last season .

A change of philosophy tells the story , neither newly promoted Norwich or the blunts have changed a single thing from last season despite finding themselves at an even higher level to navigate .

Worrying .

Very early days for Blades. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    Agree with Animals post. We self destructed. One shot on target says it all. A poor performance against a poor side. Hope Woodrow is fit for Saturday. Get Cavare in the team, and possibly Pinnilos. I would drop McGeehan, bring in Styles. Thiam wouldn't be on the bench after tonight
    McGeehan was a passenger on Saturday too, it maybe down to this captaincy situation ? I get the impression he thinks he should be Captain , not sure we have a leader/captain in the team just now , maybe Woodrow ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast