+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The fishal Killie away roll call, match thread and all that sh1t

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Agree with all of that apart from Burke,he's sh@te and no better than the sh@te we have already
    Beat me to it.
    Burke is not the answer.
    Not sure Dicker is either.
    As sh1te as we were, Kilmarnock were even worse.
    They were the home team but were defensive as f**k.
    Their manager will be gone before long.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I said last season that we would miss Shinnie.

A few people on here said we wouldn’t because his passing was sh1t and he got booked too often.

It was the same the previous season with McLean,plenty of folk said we wouldn’t miss him either but we still haven’t replaced him.

I can’t see us having any creativity with Ojo,Bryson and Ferguson in midfield.

I also noticed McInnes going on about Wilson being the creative player because he will struggle to play up front in the SPFL,why did he not just sign a creative midfielder instead of attempting to convert a striker into one.
    Spot on with all your points Rico. I was really gutted when McLean left as I felt he was a class act, and I also knew that Shinnie was the "heartbeat" of the team who drove us on and instilled some pride and passion throughout the team. We're now lacking those two major elements - class and passion in the middle of the park. There's no spark - Kilmarnock are a well organised, dull team that McInnes would be proud of, and even they had more spark than us today through Burke.

I know you don't seem to rate Wilson very much, but I think he is a good player and could do a job for us. However, I am just as mystified as you are about us signing him when McInnes clearly has 1) no intention of playing him up front on his own; and 2) no intention of playing him as part of a front 2. I don't think he's a wide player, although I thought he did reasonably well there today (made himself a couple of opportunities, and put a few good balls into the box) - he should have been kept on and Gallagher taken off instead.

We're so slow and boring at the moment I'd rather we just went 442 and put Wilson up alongside Cosgrove with Hedges and McGinn wide. I don't think we need 3 defensive midfielders all getting in each others way, slowing the play down and taking it in turns to play square balls then knocking it back to the defenders. If we're persisting with this 4231, we need to sign a number 10, because neither Ferguson, Bryson or Gallagher can unlock a defence.
    Last edited by Don_Corleone; 24-08-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Beat me to it.
    Burke is not the answer.
    Not sure Dicker is either.
    As sh1te as we were, Kilmarnock were even worse.
    They were the home team but were defensive as f**k.
    Their manager will be gone before long.
    Burke offered more energy, drive and positive attacking play (at 36 years old) than any of our players did. I'm not saying he's generally better than what we have, but today he offered more I felt (which says more about our players than about him!)

For a defensive midfield player to shield the back 4, I thought Dicker was way better than Ojo or Ferguson today.

What we're needing is more spark going forward though, so I'm not saying Dicker would make any real difference to us, just that he was better than our defensive midfielders.

I think you're right, I'd be surprised if their manager lasts the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Spot on with all your points Rico. I was really gutted when McLean left as I felt he was a class act, and I also knew that Shinnie was the "heartbeat" of the team who drove us on and instilled some pride and passion throughout the team. We're now lacking those two major elements - class and passion in the middle of the park. There's no spark - Kilmarnock are a well organised, dull team that McInnes would be proud of, and even they had more spark than us today through Burke.

I know you don't seem to rate Wilson very much, but I think he is a good player and could do a job for us. However, I am just as mystified as you are about us signing him when McInnes clearly has 1) no intention of playing him up front on his own; and 2) no intention of playing him as part of a front 2. I don't think he's a wide player, although I thought he did reasonably well there today (made himself a couple of opportunities, and put a few good balls into the box) - he should have been kept on and Gallagher taken off instead.

We're so slow and boring at the moment I'd rather we just went 442 and put Wilson up alongside Cosgrove with Hedges and McGinn wide. I don't think we need 3 defensive midfielders all getting in each others way, slowing the play down and taking it in turns to play square balls then knocking it back to the defenders. If we're persisting with this 4231, we need to sign a number 10, because neither Ferguson, Bryson or Gallagher can unlock a defence.
    Playing Wilson out wide is a case of McInnes thinking he is more clever than he actually is.

Just sign a winger ffs instead of trying to convert a striker into one.

Signing Ojo after bringing in Bryson was never going to be good for us,it means he either wants to play Ferguson further forward which to me isn’t his best position or from what he said today he expects Bryson to be making runs forward.

When Bryson signed in the summer I looked at his stats at Derby, in 2013/14 he scored something like 14 goals and made 14 assists by playing just behind their striker,the problem with that is that was 5 years ago and I don’t think he has the legs to do that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We look unfit as a squad.
    Bryson in particular looked knackered running out on to the park ffs

I think we look unfit due to the fact we are running around like 10 Stevie May's and have no idea how to move forward with the ball. If we could play forward passes now and then, as well as making space for one another, we might not have to run around so much.

Just so fvcked off with the whole set up right now, from chairman down.
    When I am home next month, I get to two games. Normally I would have been devastated I am missing two others including the hvns and HIV's.
    Now, I am counting my blessings that I won't have to sit through utter dross for 4 weeks continuously.

Forget Kingsford, at this rate, we could ground share with the Banks O'Dee and we would have too many seats.....

- Gallagher was useless - fast, but offered absolutely nothing, lost the ball almost every time he had it. How he stayed on til the end I've no idea
    - Wilson was the only forward player who caused them problems - created a couple of opportunities for himself to get shots on goal, and put a few decent balls into the box. Why did McInnes then take him off, whilst leaving the ineffective Gallagher on?!.
    Gallagher is fast as fk but fit does he actually dee? there will be folks along soon with red tinted McWinless specs on on about his assists etc etc, he's gash
    And DC your comments above are pretty much spot on.
    When our fkn illustrious leader made a change a hooked wilson I could not fkn believe it, take off the only player on the park that actually looked as if he had something in him and could do a bit, fkn ludicrous decision once again by our clown of a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Gallagher is fast as fk but fit does he actually dee? there will be folks along soon with red tinted McWinless specs on on about his assists etc etc, he's gash
    And DC your comments above are pretty much spot on.
    When our fkn illustrious leader made a change a hooked wilson I could not fkn believe it, take off the only player on the park that actually looked as if he had something in him and could do a bit, fkn ludicrous decision once again by our clown of a manager.
    And you can be sure Gallagher will start the next game and Wilson will be dropped back on to the bench despite being our only attacking player that did anything decent yesterday.

I’ve always generally liked McInnes but this season I’ve lost my respect for him, his tactics, substitutions and everything else are just too much for me.

And you can be sure Gallagher will start the next game and Wilson will be dropped back on to the bench despite being our only attacking player that did anything decent yesterday.

I’ve always generally liked McInnes but this season I’ve lost my respect for him, his tactics, substitutions and everything else are just too much for me.
    For me he is well passed his sell by date, he has proven season after season that he does not have what it takes to move us up a notch.
    The best and strongest squad he had, the one that actually did produce that one cup win under his reign, well fk me he inherited that squad, that cup winning team was not built by him.
    His tactics are fkn woeful, his transfer windows shocking (one or exceptions) but by enlarge he is sh1te but we are stuck with him because of wiggy and the shuttle bus arena and all the other cr@p associated with it.
    It's only august ffs and already speaking about players being fatigued (thats fkn laughable) his "mind games" with the BS of the donkey being injured prior to the Rijeka game were a fkn disgrace, he's lost the plot.
    I was chuffed to bits when we won the league cup but what he has done since is the bare minimum required for any aberdeen team and for me we need change ASAP

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516