+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot: Hs2

Ot: Hs2

So I decide to extend my house with a garage, above it a bedroom and an extension to the kitchen and living room, but halfway through the work I discover that I haven't done my homework properly and it's not going to give me a value for money return. So I write off the money I've spent and abort the project, telling the builder to go home, leaving me with an environmental disaster.
    When he was asked by his interviewer whether it would be a waste of the £7 billion spent so far if they call the whole thing off, Grant Shapps said 'I wouldn't put it like that ... ' Well, i bloody would.
    Why are we asking questions NOW that should have been asked at the beginning? What would this money have done for the NHS?
    It was scandalous, they said, that it would cost £39 billion to exit the EU, yet this project which has the mind-numbing aim to get commuters to their destination quicker is already grossing £78 billion and apparently destined to go over the 100.
    I thought Tories were supposed to be good with money

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So I decide to extend my house with a garage, above it a bedroom and an extension to the kitchen and living room, but halfway through the work I discover that I haven't done my homework properly and it's not going to give me a value for money return. So I write off the money I've spent and abort the project, telling the builder to go home, leaving me with an environmental disaster.
    When he was asked by his interviewer whether it would be a waste of the £7 billion spent so far if they call the whole thing off, Grant Shapps said 'I wouldn't put it like that ... ' Well, i bloody would.
    Why are we asking questions NOW that should have been asked at the beginning? What would this money have done for the NHS?
    It was scandalous, they said, that it would cost £39 billion to exit the EU, yet this project which has the mind-numbing aim to get commuters to their destination quicker is already grossing £78 billion and apparently destined to go over the 100.
    The cost isn't in what has been spent, it is in the impact if it is cancelled. For a start mass unemployment. Bonus for the Brexitqueers - it would see many johnny foreigners go home.

Quote Originally Posted by theory_extinct View Post
    The cost isn't in what has been spent, it is in the impact if it is cancelled. For a start mass unemployment. Bonus for the Brexitqueers - it would see many johnny foreigners go home.

Scrap it....waste of money.

You really need to start a WhatsApp group sid.

What do you want us to say Sid? This government under May and Cameron have been weak, pathetic and useless so nothing surprises me anymore.

The whole thing is disgusting. What a waste of money for certain people vanity projects. All those billions wasted when the NHS is on its arse and schools are closing early on Fridays. All for getting to London half an hour quicker, big ****ing whoop. They'll definitely scrap it now cause will need that cash after no deal Brexit to pay for that. Makes me proud to be British.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Scrap it....waste of money.
    Ah the voice of the snowflake baby boomer generation speaks and as per usual he speaks utter *******x. No clue, no brain, utter idiot.

The Tories are good with money when it's going into their back pocket

£78 billion to get to London from leeds 14 mins quicker. mmmm

HS2 is a criminally bad vanity project, with pie in the sky benefits. No major company is going to move to Crewe because the train journey to London is only 50 minutes now.

The Tories are only good with money when Labour are in power. They also only care about personal freedom, free speech and small businesses when Labour are in power as well.

DISCLAIMER - Labour also couldn't give a **** about any of these things. We are well and truly screwed in this country without something short of a revolution - and it needs to be bi-partisan. So long as it is just Nigel Farage any attempt to reduce authoritarian powers will be seen as "far right" by the big government, because they have successfully managed to demonise freedom and government prudence as extreme right wing ideas.
    Last edited by Skatorna; 22-08-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast