+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread v READING

Got out of jail tonight. Positives are that we are trying to play football although it is too tippy tappy at the moment. Negatives are we are going to be one of the lowest scorers in the league this season. We are better to watch but that’s not gonna get us up. I think Leeds and Fulham are nailed on for the automatic places.

Don't expect a lot for a long time yet boys. Bilic giving jobs for the boys, his TWO assistants not having achieved much as they haven't stayed anywhere very long and always with Bilic.

Now the cruncher...first team coach Julian Dicks perpetual failure even as a golfing pro what gives this tosser any right to be at West Brom?

Imo this is just like the Mowbray era, but without the goals.

Hopefully the goals will come because the tippy tappy football is there and unfortunately the propensity to concede from set prieces and generally bad defending.

We need CA to become the new KP and Kro the new Korean.

Early days, but lack of goals is a worry.

To much sideways passing and a severe lack of bottle and intent from ANY of the players playing behind Austin.

Non of them are willing to go past their man on the edge of the box.....always looking for the extra pass.

Pereira at least showed an eye for the cute pass when he came on and Krovinovic finally started darting into the box and going beyond the last man because he thought it was worth the energy to do so.

Players have got to be braver in the last third.

Gibbs is stealing a wage.......switches off when defending and not offering enough going forward.

If he showed Furlong’s energy we could play four in midfield and get the extra forward on with Austin.

It’s a shame Brunt can’t feature more out wide because with his delivery Austin would have a field day!

Diagana and Phillips are delaying crossses too long when Austin has gained his half yard on the centre half.....this frustrates the f u c k out of me as a former number 9.

Sawyers disappointed me tonight after a bright start,I thought the Reading goalscorer on loan from Liverpool had his measure after the first 15 minutes.

The loss of Gayle’s devilment around the penalty box is really hurting us.

Reading are no mugs though and pre season I’d have taken 8 points from these first four games albeit in a different order of results.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    To much sideways passing and a severe lack of bottle and intent from ANY of the players playing behind Austin.

Non of them are willing to go past their man on the edge of the box.....always looking for the extra pass.

Pereira at least showed an eye for the cute pass when he came on and Krovinovic finally started darting into the box and going beyond the last man because he thought it was worth the energy to do so.

Players have got to be braver in the last third.

Gibbs is stealing a wage.......switches off when defending and not offering enough going forward.

If he showed Furlong’s energy we could play four in midfield and get the extra forward on with Austin.

It’s a shame Brunt can’t feature more out wide because with his delivery Austin would have a field day!

Diagana and Phillips are delaying crossses too long when Austin has gained his half yard on the centre half.....this frustrates the f u c k out of me as a former number 9.

Sawyers disappointed me tonight after a bright start,I thought the Reading goalscorer on loan from Liverpool had his measure after the first 15 minutes.

The loss of Gayle’s devilment around the penalty box is really hurting us.

Reading are no mugs though and pre season I’d have taken 8 points from these first four games albeit in a different order of results.
    That Reading goalscorer Ejaria was a different class and controlled the game and it is shame Reading have an option to buy him..

It's strange how we see things differently mick. I think that the young Ferguson is a better right back than Furlong. Strangely, I thought that Furlong lacked energy and wasn't as dynamic as Ferguson. It's all about opinions though.
    We play decent football but lack that final pass and also, as you say, there's no Dwight Gayle and I do worry where the goals are going to come from.

Pereira looked good on the ball until it came to shooting. Two awful efforts that if on target would have seen us win the game.
    Diagana didn't look too sharp, nor did Austin, though we all know Austin can do the biz.
    No chance of Brunt fitting into this team. Him being on the bench is a waste of time. As for his crosses Mick, yes he got a few good uns in but most were dire. The same applies with his corners & free kicks. 90%+ were rubbish but the good ones are the only ones remembered. Can't tackle, no pace, decent at dropping his head and kicking the turf. He has had a very good career for a below average player.
    The loan players are an exciting bunch but there is a reason they've been loaned out. Maybe consistency will come with games.
    Bilic says it's our best performance so far.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Pereira looked good on the ball until it came to shooting. Two awful efforts that if on target would have seen us win the game.
    Diagana didn't look too sharp, nor did Austin, though we all know Austin can do the biz.
    No chance of Brunt fitting into this team. Him being on the bench is a waste of time. As for his crosses Mick, yes he got a few good uns in but most were dire. The same applies with his corners & free kicks. 90%+ were rubbish but the good ones are the only ones remembered. Can't tackle, no pace, decent at dropping his head and kicking the turf. He has had a very good career for a below average player.
    The loan players are an exciting bunch but there is a reason they've been loaned out. Maybe consistency will come with games.
    Bilic says it's our best performance so far.
    You obviously don't go to games to watch football do you?, what you are saying about Brunty confirms my suspicions that you are totally and utterly brainless.

Furlong had an excellent game and we suddenly find ourselves with 2 good RB, which is strange but positive.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    You obviously don't go to games to watch football do you?, what you are saying about Brunty confirms my suspicions that you are totally and utterly brainless.
    There are plenty of Albion fans who feel the same as me as well as plenty who think he is great. I've never known a player split the supporters so much.
    I guess you have never heard the Albion fans booing him every time he touched the ball in some games (something I've never done by the way).
    Odd that in all the time he has been with us no bigger clubs (indeed any clubs) have come knocking trying to sign him.
    When did you first have suspicions that I am brainless?
    Last edited by holmleighchris; 22-08-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)