+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Record temp for a home league game?

Record temp for a home league game?

I can remember it being 25/26 before but the forecast for this afternoon is 28/29. Maybe it's been hotter for a pre-season friendly.

Not so bad if you're in the Main Stand, I used to hate hot sunny days when standing on County Road as the sun was shining directly at you and the small roof offered no protection unless you were at the very back. Worst game for heat I remember was against Mansfield on the final day of 1989/90, I felt quite ill by the 2nd half.

If the general trend continues, will we eventually see all August fixtures kicking off at 7:45pm? I don't envy the players having to run around in that heat this afternoon.

Who knows, but you can guarantee that if we fail to win, the temperature will be one of the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Worst game for heat I remember was against Mansfield on the final day of 1989/90, I felt quite ill by the 2nd half.
    I've felt quite ill at several games against Mansfield!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I can remember it being 25/26 before but the forecast for this afternoon is 28/29.
    I think I'll still take the tartan blanket and thermos flask just to be on the safe side.

Seriously hot yesterday at the cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think I'll still take the tartan blanket and thermos flask just to be on the safe side.

You can share mine

Ardley has already got the heat up his sleeve for his post match interview, probably suggesting that this is the first time this squad has had to experience these extreme temperatures together as a unit whereas the mighty Chorley have played together in the heat before giving them a distinct advantage!

If Notts can make the ball do the work (and we must be one of the few teams in this league capable of playing a possession game) then we should be able to adapt to the conditions better than a team that's just come up from tier 6.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Ardley has already got the heat up his sleeve for his post match interview, probably suggesting that this is the first time this squad has had to experience these extreme temperatures together as a unit whereas the mighty Chorley have played together in the heat before giving them a distinct advantage!
    Well there's that and if the fine weather attracts a large crowd then there's yet another thing for the team to contend with, together with the sun dazzling the players.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    i wouldn't put it past him to actually come out with that to add another to his list of never ending excuses

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast