+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tin-pot League?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    How well promoted teams often do in League 2 tells you there’s not much if any difference between the top half of the NL and the bottom half of League 2.

However if we don’t get 6 points at the weekend and a healthy boost to the GD Ardley should be sacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    No he shouldn't you myopic buffoon.
    Most of us are happy at the progress being made, not itching to sack a manager in August.
    You must know fatlad on a personal level.

In all the matches that i have seen this season, i must say that some of the football has been better than what we had to put up with in league 2..

No he shouldn't you myopic buffoon.
    Most of us are happy at the progress being made, not itching to sack a manager in August.
    Name calling eh?

Ok, you’re the sort of thick tw@t for whom emojis were invented.

Also when were you appointed spokesperson for Notts fans?

Name calling eh?

Ok, you’re the sort of thick tw@t for whom emojis were invented.

Also when were you appointed spokesperson for Notts fans?
    I wouldn't presume to speak for Notts fans but if you think there's a majority out there wanting him gone by Monday evening if we don't get six points this weekend you can add delusional to myopic.
    That you think we should win both would mean P4, W3, D1 of the last four and that Ardley must have recruited a cracking team capable of doing just that. That's championship winning form. From a standing start after our most shambolic ever summer.

Things are hopefully starting to turn round, defence looking strong, midfield has more energy than last year and we're creating chances, there's a positive vibe around the place and you're sat sharpening your knife pretty much willing the manager to fail by demanding maximum points. That's not support, it's negative, draining, undermining and unpleasant and I make no apology for calling you out.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    To progress you need to win football matches. 1 win in 5 isn't progress but Ardley has got the perfect opportunity to start showing he finally means business this holiday weekend. Hopefully he will take it and be positive, in which case we probably will win both matches and get some genuine momentum going.

I agree, I'm not Neal Ardley's personal fan boy I'm just not in as big a rush as some to carry on the cycle of sackings. I'd take a season of consolidation with no real worries of relegation but hope for the play-offs and some excitement.

I wouldn't presume to speak for Notts fans but if you think there's a majority out there wanting him gone by Monday evening if we don't get six points this weekend you can add delusional to myopic.
    That you think we should win both would mean P4, W3, D1 of the last four and that Ardley must have recruited a cracking team capable of doing just that. That's championship winning form. From a standing start after our most shambolic ever summer.

Things are hopefully starting to turn round, defence looking strong, midfield has more energy than last year and we're creating chances, there's a positive vibe around the place and you're sat sharpening your knife pretty much willing the manager to fail by demanding maximum points. That's not support, it's negative, draining, undermining and unpleasant and I make no apology for calling you out.
    No apology needed optipez, I don’t really want Ardley sacking if we don’t get 6 points this weekend, I was joking. Clearly the written word is always open to misinterpretation if the point one is trying to make isn’t clear.

The performance last Sunday was very encouraging. As you say we had what looked a strong defence, a dynamic midfield, and a forward line who at least got themselves into scoring positions even if they were profligate in finishing the chances that were created.

I will be disappointed if we don’t pick up maximum points this weekend. To me this is a real opportunity to kick start the season and get ourselves challenging at the right end of the table. Nothing can be taken for granted though, and we’ve got to look to continue the Wrexham performance even if results take time to arrive.

I will be disappointed if we don’t pick up maximum points this weekend. To me this is a real opportunity to kick start the season and get ourselves challenging at the right end of the table. Nothing can be taken for granted though, and we’ve got to look to continue the Wrexham performance even if results take time to arrive.
    I'd still be happy with 4 points from the two matches at this stage, whichever way they arrived. I agree there were real signs of progress last week but the lack of a proper pre-season for several players will still be having some impact fitness-wise which might be exposed by 2 games in 4 days. It will be interesting to see how different the team selection is on Monday compared with Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'd still be happy with 4 points from the two matches at this stage, whichever way they arrived. I agree there were real signs of progress last week but the lack of a proper pre-season for several players will still be having some impact fitness-wise which might be exposed by 2 games in 4 days. It will be interesting to see how different the team selection is on Monday compared with Saturday.
    Agree with your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Genuine question, who of our squad didn’t have a proper pre-season?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345