+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Sitting in the wrong end

O/T Sitting in the wrong end

Been reflecting on this as it’s topical

Looking back it’s something I’ve done so no moral high ground here,

First time was by accident, I was with a friend who was a Man U supporter, who I randomly accompanied to Oxford when they were both in the second division in ‘75. He was working for a ticket tout selling pirate scarves and programmes and we ended up in the Oxford end. By the end end of the game the stand was a sea of red.

Now you could big that up, however it was ugly and I would never want to see it at tannadice, dens or any Scottish ground

I’ve always been annoyed by Celtic and rangers supporters in the Utd end, distracting and potentially troublesome

Giving season ticket holders priority is a good way to limit this as prevention is better than cure

Appreciate all the history and lore of great games attended, and this was in an a different world, pre cctv, mobile phone and all seaters. And our football values have I think improved

The risk is the club get fined or points docked for fan trouble albeit mega provocation

Conclusion if there are fun numpties with the wrong tickets, let the stewards deal with it

And Utd please make sure you have enough stewards

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    Conclusion if there are fun numpties with the wrong tickets
    Don't worry about it as this is utter bull. ��

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Don't worry about it as this is utter bull. ��
    Of course it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Of course it is.
    Im worried about the 9,000 school kids who got free tickets. Have you seen the menace school kids cause? Could be nasty if the wifi aint good

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Im worried about the 9,000 school kids who got free tickets. Have you seen the menace school kids cause? Could be nasty if the wifi aint good
    9000, last I was told by a dee was it was 10000 school kids going now.

Amount of free tickets goes up more than Celtics crowd numbers in Seville!

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    The freebies only went to schools in the Angus area though because that's where all our supporters are based����

I've sat in the wrong end twice. Both at Dens and both we've won 3-0. First one was a friendly a few years back. Sure it was a Saturday afternoon,John Daly hatrick. Was sitting behind the goal and he scored a header last minute.
    2nd was the league cup game,Sunday afternoon. John Brown's first game in charge for them. Me and my brother were queing to get in the main stand and Jim Spence,who was working on BBC radio at the time, walks straight up to us with microphone and asks us what we think of the appointment! I whispered in his hear that we were both Arabs, he gave me a nod and walked away.

We sold out both games(one was a friendly!) That's why was in the wrong end.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)