+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: IDS retire at 75 - WTF?

Angry IDS retire at 75 - WTF?

What's the Tories next "Social Initiative"? - reintroduce the workhouses? I'm at a loss, I really am.

They should practice what they preach

My wife gets her state pension and bus pass in September. After having to wait another five years the robbing bastids.. grr

the robbing bastids.. grr

A little story (about them, the upper class?) When I left England in I think the roman period ,yes about 1969? I left about 5 quid in the bank,and really forgot about it. About 15 years ago I went back to England ( Little Leaver) and this little bird asked me? Did you not leave money in the bank? I went to this nice looking building in Blackburn,and took my bank book account .With a smile I asked for my money, they did look at me as thought I came from Mars ,and disapeared inside a back room? Coming out sayng, ''could I go to the Bolton branch?'' In the B. branch I was told that the person with this account had died !!!(No idiots I am here!!!) and that the money had been sent to the Duke of Lancaster in London, (being that I had the same christian name as my father!)Yes he died!

'The Duke of Lancaster is the titular owner of the estates of the Duchy of Lancaster and head of the County Palatine of Lancaster. It is also an ancient title that is informally used within Lancaster to describe Elizabeth II, the monarch of the United Kingdom. The Duchy of Lancaster exists as a separate entity from the Crown Estate and currently provides income for the British monarch.

To get my 'dosh' I had to have a solicitor ,which cost me ( Now I can not remember, how much? ) That amount I got a little disappointing! But my gripe is ''phockin robbing bastids.. grr''

Not much point in the Tories raising the retirement age in the North east, hardly anyone will make it...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...HSlSqo2-GtfNlQ

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)