+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye bye Bolton Wanderers and Bury FC.

Unhappy Bye bye Bolton Wanderers and Bury FC.

Time's up. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Time's up. Bye.
    Yep, I feel sorry for poor old Bury, but lets hope so as far as Bolton are concerned!!.

Thankfully we are owned and operated by proper Burnley fans Acido and are sitting quite comfortably in the EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Thankfully we are owned and operated by proper Burnley fans Acido and are sitting quite comfortably in the EPL.
    I'll add what BT forgot to add Acido, after 'sitting quite comfortably in the EPL........ on piles and piles and piles of money, mountains of the stuff, so much that unemployment in the UK would be eradicated overnight should we employ the jobless to count it all, note by note'. Bury have missed a trick appealing to City and United to help them out, they should have asked BFC to take them over as a feeder club, with Mr Garlick at the helm they'd be in the PL in no time, at least 59/60 thinks so.

Got to feel sorry for both clubs letting themselves get into such a state ... sad to see two famous old clubs in dire straits.. I remember when we nearly went out of existence and it it was an absolutely awful tine being a CLARETS fan... I don't wish either club any ill will.. I've even got over the Judas Coyle saga ..Must be going soft in my old age eh..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Got to feel sorry for both clubs letting themselves get into such a state ... sad to see two famous old clubs in dire straits.. I remember when we nearly went out of existence and it it was an absolutely awful tine being a CLARETS fan... I don't wish either club any ill will.. I've even got over the Judas Coyle saga ..Must be going soft in my old age eh..
    Remember those Bolton fans at the time the rats jumped ship those who told us their money would never run out and them end up in financial trouble good old Eddie wouldn't let it happen, No sympathy for them what so ever. I feel for Bury they have never had the good life of lots of cash and have done well to survive so long in the shadow of the big Manchester clubs. The sooner both clubs are put out of their misery the sooner they can start again as AFC whatever at the bottom.

Whatever happened to the EFL's due diligence? How in the name of the Lord can they allow a football league club like Bury to be sold for just one single pound?

Looking bleak for both of them now.

Two famous, old football league clubs may cease to exist....and for what ?
    Money ?
    I really do sympathise with the fans of both teams.
    As two brothers remarked on T.V., "we've been coming to watch OUR team for 55 years and now it may gone".

"may have gone"

Very sad indeed, however, listening to Radio Five Live there could be another 15 clubs who are struggling.
    This is at League level and there are loads who are at non-league level who are really having to work hard to stay afloat.
    Meanwhile the rich get richer regardless!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)