+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hs2.

Question Hs2.

3.42 in the morning and the burning injustices and sheer stupidity of this phucking Tory government is keeping me awake.

Upwards of £8 billion already spunked on this nonsensical project that's ripped up the countryside and displaced hundreds of people with Compulsory Purchase Orders on their homes and property. At least another £70-80 billion needed to finish it...

… and now the this inept, horrible Government thinks it's time for a review? Someone wrote "lunatic asylum" on another thread, I think we are way, way beyond that.

There is a simple solution - VOTE LABOUR - FOR THE MANY NOT THE FEW.

Attachment 13663
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 22-08-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    3.42 in the morning and the burning injustices and sheer stupidity of this phucking Tory government is keeping me awake.

£55 billion already spunked on this nonsensical project that's ripped up the countryside and displaced hundreds of people with Compulsory Purchase Orders on their homes and property.

… and now the this inept, horrible Government thinks it's time for a review? Someone wrote "lunatic asylum" on another thread, I think we are way, way beyond that.

There is a simple solution - VOTE LABOUR - FOR THE MANY NOT THE FEW.

Attachment 13663
    When I saw the headingI thought that you were going to be complaining that this was another Labour idea that the Tories had pinched. Remind me ---was it not the Labour Government who set up HS2 Limited?
    I totally agree that it is definitely not needed and is a total waste of money, however, successive governments have seemed hell bent on the idea.

I remember having a very heated argument with three local Labour MP's who were backing the Adonis idea to build HS2.
    Every argument I made against this ridiculous vanity project is now coming home to roost.
    Theresa May was implored to scrap it, but "Oh No!" she knew best.
    Virgin Trains has wrongly IMHO lost the West Coat franchise and yet Northern Rail operating down this way is beyond a disgrace and the franchise should be cancelled forthwith, but the German owners have put too much pressure on their mates in the Tory hierarchy to not do the right thing and shut this inept operation down.
    Grant Shapps should intervene, roll his sleeves up and do his job.

It's of little use Sub, pointing out to BT that setting up HS2 was initiated by a Labour government, he's suffering from BDS and so it won't register. Thank god we at last have a PM who can see this project for the ludicrously expensive, pointless farce that it is, and it will be shut down before billions more are wasted on it, money which can then be spent on where it's really needed, on transport infrastructure in the north of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    When I saw the headingI thought that you were going to be complaining that this was another Labour idea that the Tories had pinched. Remind me ---was it not the Labour Government who set up HS2 Limited?
    I totally agree that it is definitely not needed and is a total waste of money, however, successive governments have seemed hell bent on the idea.
    How do Northern Rail perform up in the North East Supersub? Down here the local rail users would happily scrap them.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's of little use Sub, pointing out to BT that setting up HS2 was initiated by a Labour government, he's suffering from BDS and so it won't register. Thank god we at last have a PM who can see this project for the ludicrously expensive, pointless farce that it is, and it will be shut down before billions more are wasted on it, money which can then be spent on where it's really needed, on transport infrastructure in the north of the country.
    You obviously missed my post (as usual!) sinkov. From the start I was vehemently opposed to this vanity project. Nothing IMHO could justify the cost. You can't take a direct train from Clitheroe to Leeds, in Bolton we have great difficulty in finding a train to go anywhere, yet the eejits want to spunk the best part of a £100 billion to get to Manchester ten minutes quicker.
    Myself and thousands of other Labour Party members implored Adonis to scrap this idea.
    What was the result? They gave him a phucking Lordship! Was it you who said we live in a lunatic asylum? Spot on if you did mate.

Got to agree with BT on this one .. What an awful waste of money to spunk away all to save twenty minutes .. Phookin scandalous and somebodys head should roll for the ineptitude shown..

As I always do BT, I read your post carefully, some of them more carefully than they deserve no doubt, but it seemed incoherent. All three major parties can take responsibilty for this vanity project, they all bought into the idea that huge infrastructure spending was good for the economy, and totally ignored the fact that the estimated costs are ALWAYS way, way below the actual amount that it will cost in reality.
    Now that we have had in effect, a change of government and a new PM who wants to stop chucking endless amounts of money at this farcical vanity project, you're moaning. We're like the Three Musketeers BT, me, you and Boris, we're right on the EU, we're right on HS2, and we're right on spending more on transport infrastructure in the north. In fact you must have more in common with Boris than Jezza, maybe you're in the wrong party ?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Got to agree with BT on this one .. What an awful waste of money to spunk away all to save twenty minutes .. Phookin scandalous and somebodys head should roll for the ineptitude shown..
    I think virtually everyone will agree with BT that it's an awful waste of money Alf, what BT ignores though is that it was instigated by a Labour government, so trying to pin it on the Tories is plain wrong, it's taken a proper Tory like Boris to see sense and attempt to put the poor thing out of it's misery.

I never argue with practical common sense, pragmatic political decisions sinkov, no matter the source. By jingo I've waited a mighty long time for a Tory to come up with one.
    Now if BoJo can turn his attention to:
    Child poverty.
    Homelessness.
    The NHS.
    Austerity.
    Immigration.
    Universal Credit.
    Fire Station closures.
    Police numbers.
    Grenfell and the other 187 others.
    Windrush.
    Illegal detention of immigrants.
    Macron.
    Living wages.

He makes the right noises, plays the right tunes, but he won't be on the podium much longer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)