+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Gallagher

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I think it's clear, you don't rate our top goal scorer or the person with the greatest assists
    You've got me all wrong yet again min.
    It's not a case of liking dis-liking rating or not rating any particular individual player more or less than any other.

As I have been very vocal about for fkn ages if that is the "standard" of player we as a club are relying on to take us to the next level then we are never going to get to the next level.

It's time for change,
    But who, what, when etc etc then I will leave that to the experts to decide but if (and its a fkn big if) the club have any ambition at all to step up then change needs to happen, but like I say I am no expert and I will just stick to drilling holes in the grun.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    His point is valid though isn't it? The standard of player in our squad isn't high enough to take us to the next level.
    Cheers DR
    Finally something that we agree on

What's your expectations?
    A goal scorer who has scored an average of a goal a game (9 in 9)
    A player who has assisted almost a goal every 2 games (4 in 9)

Surely if they are not deemed good enough, does any of the players in our squad meet your expectations?
    Our goal should be quite obvious. To win things and to get into the Europa League group stages.

Our goal should be quite obvious. To win things and to get into the Europa League group stages.
    But what are your expectations of the players to achieve that targets?
    Do any players meet your expectations?

But what are your expectations of the players to achieve that targets?
    Do any players meet your expectations?
    We need better players. The current crop fall short.

We need better players. The current crop fall short.
    Fair enough, you don't rate any of our players?
    Who should we have gone for?

Start at the back, with our captain Joe Lewis. Get him tae fcuk cause the Hun Sympathiser Devanha Red doesn't rate you

Fair enough, you don't rate any of our players?
    Who should we have gone for?

Start at the back, with our captain Joe Lewis. Get him tae fcuk cause the Hun Sympathiser Devanha Red doesn't rate you
    I'm not a football manager. It's not my job to identify which players we should and shouldn't sign.

I can however tell we're falling short of where we should be if making meaningful progress is genuinely our goal.

Affa similar mantra to other posters. Strange that

"I'm telling ye, we're nae good enough but dinna ask me fa we should replace with as its nae my job"

That would be because it's an entirely sensible position to adopt.

You seem to like playing football manager. I'm not into computer games and I'm not a football manager. I'm a football fan. Players from other teams, tactical formations and such things matter not one jot to me. What I care about are end results.

Your insistence that people have to offer up a solution instead of pointing out there's a problem is frankly ridiculous. We're not paid to come up with solutions. There are people employed by the football club that are supposed to be doing that.

"I'm telling ye, we're nae good enough but dinna ask me fa we should replace with as its nae my job"
    jeezuz min, how many fkn times? your jist nae getting it are ye?
    I drill holes in the grun for living tae try and git a bitty ile oot, I tend to think ahm nae bad at fit ah dee.

I also tend to think McWinless is sh1te at fit he diz for a living, it's his job and the recruitment team to find and mak sure the signings are better than fit we have in order to bring the club on to the next level.
    Its nae happening but its nae my job or any other poster on here's job to come up with the signings

For fk sake tak the red tinted derek mcwinless glasses aff every now and again and give yourself a dose of reality it just might loosen you up a wee bit.

SF
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 22-08-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast