+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Greg Leigh

Greg Leigh

Surprised he doesn't have a thread yet

Looking to take up the permanent offer

McInnes explained: “Greg, we are in charge of that situation. It suited everybody to do the initial deal on a loan in the summer for different reasons. We were also keen to have the option to keep him. Greg is enjoying it and from my own point of view it is a no-brainer to get him on board.

“We have a recruitment meeting in the next week or so and it will be brought up at that. The fact we have the option and we can activate it at any time is good but it would be good to get it done.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Surprised he doesn't have a thread yet

Looking to take up the permanent offer

McInnes explained: “Greg, we are in charge of that situation. It suited everybody to do the initial deal on a loan in the summer for different reasons. We were also keen to have the option to keep him. Greg is enjoying it and from my own point of view it is a no-brainer to get him on board.

“We have a recruitment meeting in the next week or so and it will be brought up at that. The fact we have the option and we can activate it at any time is good but it would be good to get it done.”
    I like him. Not without his defensive issues at times but more positives than negatives. Get him signed up !

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I like him. Not without his defensive issues at times but more positives than negatives. Get him signed up !
    Agreed. Get him signed.

Decent left back. Done ok overall.

Not as good as Lowe but a significant upgrade on Considine in that role.

If it’s a choice between him & Consi at LB (which it is) then it’s a no brainier - get him signed!

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Agreed. Get him signed.
    I disagree as such. Not done anything of real note in bigger matches that makes me think this lad is decent...if anything he has been found wanting. Let him go, we must look for better.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Agreed. Get him signed.
    Agreed, Far more effective in his 4 months here than Lowe was in his first 4 months.

For me he's a downgrade on Max Lowe, but he's done alright. Like the rest of the team he's been a bit up and down, but generally looks a lot better when we actually try and play football and he can get up and overlap in the attacking third. He carries a bit of threat in the box due to his height as well. I'm not convinced he's got the quality we need to be winning things, but he's maybe worth a gamble on - I'd be tempted to make his deal relatively short if possible and look for a better option in the meantime.