+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Saturday?

Team for Saturday?

Looks like everyone fit so who do we start with? O reckon.

Hamilton

Kerr
    Forster
    Mcghee
    Marshall

Mcdaid
    Ness
    Fin
    Todd

Johnson
    Kane.

Hard on Byrne but we should be 2 up front from now on imo.
    Also a strong bench with
    Byrne
    Nelson
    Mcpake
    McGowan
    Meetings
    Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Looks like everyone fit so who do we start with? O reckon.

Hamilton

Kerr
    Forster
    Mcghee
    Marshall

Mcdaid
    Ness
    Fin
    Todd

Johnson
    Kane.

Hard on Byrne but we should be 2 up front from now on imo.
    Also a strong bench with
    Byrne
    Nelson
    Mcpake
    McGowan
    Meetings
    Moore.
    Won't be popular but if and it's a big if Mcpake is gonna play fin next week I'd rest him and have Byrne in.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Won't be popular but if and it's a big if Mcpake is gonna play fin next week I'd rest him and have Byrne in.
    Our next two games are against hammer throwers, I like Ness and Byrne in the middle enforcing and McDaid has looked excellent lately as has Todd. Very tough to pick McGowan as young Fin has been very good with the ball.

I wouldn't like to be picking the team but would like to see 2 to front.

Hemmings and Johnson didn't really work that well against Ayr, very similar styles. I'd have Nelson and Hemmings with Johnson on 2nd half. Quite the dilemma

It’s a good dilemma to have!much changed from last season.

After his performance last week DJ has to start

Nelson will think the same after scoring the winning goal against Ayr. Need to keep all 3 strikers happy, which means rotating who starts imo

I don't think there's a pecking order as such, I think Mcpake will go horses for courses but what DJ did last week was put himself as number 1 when we are playing one up front imho which is very strange as it's the type of performance Mwell fans said he was not his forte.

From what I've seen I think they can all fall out of a game but maybe Nelson for longer spells.

I also think it will be very tempting for our 1st sub to be the c/f or one of the pair of c/fs as Mcpake and Nicoll seem to be very demanding about giving everything, no passengers including the front men.

Won't be great for championship centre halfs to see a DJ or Kane departing and the Tasmanian devil that is Andy Nelson trotting on or DJ going aff and Kane coming on with his binocular case in his hipper.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)