+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff - home - match thread

Who won ?

0-0 Alfi
    We didn't deserve anything more.
    Warnock won the tactical battle.

Just a comment on Walton, he is on a different planet than Raya!

Another old-fashioned "Division One" long-ball battle. Two very evenly-matched teams, creating mainly half-chances, rather than clear-cut ones.
    I might watch it again, later, to pick up some of the finer detail.
    I've just been reading reports of some of the other matches. Brentford had 69% possession and 22 shots to three against Charlton, but lost nil-one!
    Interestingly, Lee Bowyer was quite sceptical afterwards about his team's current position.
    I must admit, I'd never have picked Charlton to be second after five games, with Huddersfield and Stoke filling the bottom two places!

We just took a point off a decent side who played in the Prem last season. Fair result. Never going to be an easy day.
    3 games without conceeding a goal. For all the concerns about our defence, after the decision to let Mulgrew go and play Williams at CH with Lenihan, we have addressed it.
    As long as that CH pairing doesn't get broken up, we will be tough to beat. Bell played well. He made one mistake in 90 mins. Which is pretty average to any other player. I feel he gets a bad rep. I'm not writing him off yet.
    Overall we looked a bit tired yesterday. But we can't play and start Downing 3 games in 7 days. He's 35. He can't be expected to do that. Playing DG yesterday backfired. He was quiet. Armstrong did well when he came on. But we dont know if he'd have been effective from the start. I'm happy.
    Dack will start finding space and having an effect soon enough. Going forward will click into place. We have New players who need to learn how to play together.
    At the back we are looking solid. Bennett looked better playing sat on front of Nyambe. Who I thought looked decent. I'd get him back in the side, and if Bennett does have to play, at least play him in his position.
    CH we look solid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)