+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sørensen's loan spell at Carlisle

Sørensen's loan spell at Carlisle

Not necessarily Bruce's fault, but most managers usually make sure that there is an agreement in place so that the player is guaranteed game time.

His loan spell at Blackpool was ruined because their manager did not want to play him, so a promise was broken. Hope it doesn't happen again as it will stall his development.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...lisle-16797569

Shola doing a great job then!

Great. . .

Playing time is what he needs very badly, another bad spell will do him and us no favours for the future.

Surely he is better then what they already have and should be starting games,lets see what happens at the weekend hopefully he will start.

Hopefully it's been stipulated that he gets a fair amount of game time over his loan spell. It's the only way he's going to advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Hopefully it's been stipulated that he gets a fair amount of game time over his loan spell. It's the only way he's going to advance.
    Just read the article and no stipulation of any game time. Would have been better staying with our under 23’s than bench warming at Carlisle

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Just read the article and no stipulation of any game time. Would have been better staying with our under 23’s than bench warming at Carlisle
    Yeah I've just read it now.
    Hopefully he knuckles down and is afforded plenty of game time.
    I suppose I do agree that it has to be left down to the Carlisle manager's discretion. Hopefully Sorensen will make it too difficult to leave him out.

To be honest I think it's hard to make that sort of an agreement with a club. I think any decent manager would rather pick his squad on merit rather than having to play someone. If he's good enough he will get games.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    To be honest I think it's hard to make that sort of an agreement with a club. I think any decent manager would rather pick his squad on merit rather than having to play someone. If he's good enough he will get games.
    They shouldn't be taken on loan unless the manager sees them as at least as good as what he has. After all it's saving the club from having to buy a player to fill that squad.

Shola's job is surely to find a club where these players will get more or enough game time.He needs to take his head out of Ashley's arse and he might be able to do the job properly,that's if there is a job in the first place.Here to sing Ashley's praises and nothing else if you ask me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)