+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    We haven't had a truly prolific striker since Hughesy. A 25 year old version of Hughsey would be an ideal addition at this level, they would terrorise opponents.
    A 25 year old version of Hughesy would be an ideal addition to most Premiership squads.

The original theme of this thread concerned the man a previous Manager considered a suitable candidate to captain this club and has evolved to discuss the merits of John Stead. No one could argue that Steads effectiveness as a player had diminished but equally he always appeared to give 100% and acted like a professional . Contrast that with the Welsh ****house who failed on and off the pitch in every capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    The original theme of this thread concerned the man a previous Manager considered a suitable candidate to captain this club and has evolved to discuss the merits of John Stead. No one could argue that Steads effectiveness as a player had diminished but equally he always appeared to give 100% and acted like a professional . Contrast that with the Welsh ****house who failed on and off the pitch in every capacity.
    Not quite the language I'd use , but totally agree with the sentiment. I never liked Duffy, fell over too easily, and never looked that bothered.

While we're on the subject of former players, I see Elliott Hewitt has been playing for Grimsby - at right back!

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    While we're on the subject of former players, I see Elliott Hewitt has been playing for Grimsby - at right back!
    I always thought he was under rated by us, although he's never a right back, but then neither is Duffy a central defender!

I always thought he was under rated by us, although he's never a right back, but then neither is Duffy a central defender!
    He's barely even a footballer

Duffy always looked like a Kidsgrove Athletic player who accidently found himself in the football league.

Pretty good intercepter and not a bad leader, but he was so limited for pace and size he had to resort to all sorts of tricks to win challenges and decisions. So playing him always left us vulnerable, shaky and unsettled. It's just frightening to think that we didn't have any better options for most of the time.

At Kidsgrove he'll be their Ronaldo guaranteed to put another 3 on the gate

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Duffy always looked like a Kidsgrove Athletic player who accidently found himself in the football league.

Pretty good intercepter and not a bad leader, but he was so limited for pace and size he had to resort to all sorts of tricks to win challenges and decisions. So playing him always left us vulnerable, shaky and unsettled. It's just frightening to think that we didn't have any better options for most of the time.

At Kidsgrove he'll be their Ronaldo guaranteed to put another 3 on the gate
    My memories of Notts defenders are Yates and Short, when you consider Duffy and Brisley, it sums up our decline since the early 90s.

My memories of Notts defenders are Yates and Short, when you consider Duffy and Brisley, it sums up our decline since the early 90s.
    Yeah, Short in particular was an unbelievable find.
    Hope Turner, Rawlinson, Bird etc prove to be above par for tier 5, it'd make a pleasant change

Gibson and Edwards for me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast