+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Duffy

Duffy

Looks like our ex-captain has found his natural level of football: https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-lands-3238993

No wonder we are where we are!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    No wonder we are where we are!
    Yep. See also Stead being an automatic pick for us until May this year but not being able to get in Harrogate's first eleven in August.

Shaun Brisley unemployed.

And he lost his first game there, hmmmmmmmm his natural result also then

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Yep. See also Stead being an automatic pick for us until May this year but not being able to get in Harrogate's first eleven in August.
    Yeah, that one is really telling. We persevered with Stead for way too long. I know he's a great pro and all that, but it was painfully obvious that he was no longer a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, that one is really telling. We persevered with Stead for way too long. I know he's a great pro and all that, but it was painfully obvious that he was no longer a threat.
    I was a big fan of Stead, but have to agree with you. He was playing for us a season too long. He could have been effective as an impact sub, but didn't have the legs to be a threat for 90 minutes. He also didn't get any service, he needs the ball to feet.

Not a season too long, I'll go with Slack Pie's 'way too long'

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Not a season too long, I'll go with Slack Pie's 'way too long'
    He was past it during the playoff season to be honest. And unlike Shola, he couldn't rely on raw natural ability to change a game. I always hear people saying he needed the ball played to his feet, and I agree in that he clearly wasn't a target man, but he also had one of the worst first touches I have seen in professional football.

I can't fault the effort he put in during his time at the club, but he didn't do much to justify the guaranteed starts he got at Notts. One of those strikers that can go three months without scoring a goal from open play and nobody even brings it up.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    He was past it during the playoff season to be honest. And unlike Shola, he couldn't rely on raw natural ability to change a game. I always hear people saying he needed the ball played to his feet, and I agree in that he clearly wasn't a target man, but he also had one of the worst first touches I have seen in professional football.

I can't fault the effort he put in during his time at the club, but he didn't do much to justify the guaranteed starts he got at Notts. One of those strikers that can go three months without scoring a goal from open play and nobody even brings it up.
    We haven't had a truly prolific striker since Hughesy. A 25 year old version of Hughsey would be an ideal addition at this level, they would terrorise opponents.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast