+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raddy...

Raddy was a great keeper. If he hadn’t left in 83 we wouldn’t have been relegated in 84.

As i remember him, great keeper and very nice humble bloke.
    Name:  raddy.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  83.2 KB

He was unbeatable on his day and kept goal with unbelievable flair. A true Notts legend

Just been reading Raddy's Wiki page and I see it mentions that famous 1 - 0 victory against Aston Villa. Were any of you there that day? We missed it - my cousin got married that day - so my Dad sneaked a portable radio into the reception which he hid under the table. He and I listened to as much of the commentary as we dared by bending down and putting an ear to the radio. Happy days 😊

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    As i remember him, great keeper and very nice humble bloke.
    Name:  raddy.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  83.2 KB
    First goalkeeper I ever saw who wore gloves (in a game I mean, not in Winter).

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Just been reading Raddy's Wiki page and I see it mentions that famous 1 - 0 victory against Aston Villa. Were any of you there that day? We missed it - my cousin got married that day - so my Dad sneaked a portable radio into the reception which he hid under the table. He and I listened to as much of the commentary as we dared by bending down and putting an ear to the radio. Happy days ��
    yeah i went, remember Morley going clean through and smashing the crossbar, what a day that was.

... AVFC 0-NCFC 1 ... I was there too; sweet result. Made up for our loss there when in Div 3, just.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    Made up for our loss there when in Div 3, just.
    "That man Hughes has made all sorts of mistakes, then makes the save of the match"
    or gist of, Barry Davies on Match of the Day commentary. Unbelievably it was second to the London derby, Man. Utd. v Spurs, but at least it's preserved for posterity... somewhere.

Attendance, in 1971, at Villa Park was over 37,000, would have been higher but there was a bus workers strike.
    Seven times Notts hit the woodwork or had shots cleared off the line, and Masson had his penalty saved re above.
    One of the best games in the 'modern' era.

Quote Originally Posted by norsinfoggy View Post
    "That man Hughes has made all sorts of mistakes, then makes the save of the match"
    or gist of, Barry Davies on Match of the Day commentary. Unbelievably it was second to the London derby, Man. Utd. v Spurs, but at least it's preserved for posterity... somewhere.

Attendance, in 1971, at Villa Park was over 37,000, would have been higher but there was a bus workers strike.
    Seven times Notts hit the woodwork or had shots cleared off the line, and Masson had his penalty saved re above.
    One of the best games in the 'modern' era.
    I remember Eric Morcambe was in a show in Birmingham at the time, and wrote in the Sunday papers saying it was one of the best games he'd ever seen. The return match at Meadow Lane was a bit of an anticlimax though.

Raddy is without any shadow of a doubt the best goalkeeper to play for Notts in my lifetime.

He was up there with the best around at the time.

I sincerely hope he can pull through.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast