+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3rd Ashes Test

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    When I went to lunch we were 2 down couldn't believe the Aussies were in when I got back. Where's me bat?
    Think I'll get my kit out of the loft and join you!

Where’s Boycott more to the point ?
    PS
    An Ashes victory outweighs the World Cup for me...

Pathetic spineless w anchors.

A mate of mine watches a lot of county cricket at Worcestershire and he’s scathing about Root and his captaincy.

He reckons Root is a goner after this series.

Root is about to lose to what is in my opinion the worst Aussie touring side batting line up I’ve seen in 47 years of watching cricket.

The ECB also take the blame for marginalising four day cricket this summer as well as this ludicrous “Hundred” competition coming next summer.

Even at a poor secondary school in the 70’s the first thing we were taught was how to play with a straight bat.....head over the ball.....”sniff the leather” as they used to say.

Don’t these idiots ever look back at footage of the greats FFS?

The technique of most countries top 4 or 5 was so good and yet there were some attractive fast scorers like Gooch,Gower,Lamb,Smith,Gatting,Trescothick,Thorpe ( I loved Thorpe ),Bell,Vaughan et al.

This lot are brainless,entitled,halfwits!!

I can't believe Ireland lost our test to this team......very dismal non performance...from a very poor test standard team...

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Pathetic spineless w anchors.

A mate of mine watches a lot of county cricket at Worcestershire and he’s scathing about Root and his captaincy.

He reckons Root is a goner after this series.

Root is about to lose to what is in my opinion the worst Aussie touring side batting line up I’ve seen in 47 years of watching cricket.

The ECB also take the blame for marginalising four day cricket this summer as well as this ludicrous “Hundred” competition coming next summer.

Even at a poor secondary school in the 70’s the first thing we were taught was how to play with a straight bat.....head over the ball.....”sniff the leather” as they used to say.

Don’t these idiots ever look back at footage of the greats FFS?

The technique of most countries top 4 or 5 was so good and yet there were some attractive fast scorers like Gooch,Gower,Lamb,Smith,Gatting,Trescothick,Thorpe ( I loved Thorpe ),Bell,Vaughan et al.

This lot are brainless,entitled,halfwits!!

Sorry mate but the same arguments were trotted out during the Ashes 75 series down under , the 76 WI series at home where there was no respite from their 4 fast bowlers. Then we had the 80s and 90s and early 00s domination of Aussie quicks and Shane Warne. Here and there we triumphed but not over a prolonged period. The players you mentioned above had their day but never dominated like McGrath, Warne. Langer, Hayden, Gilchrist and so on.

We're crap and governed by money mad admiinistrators

Quote Originally Posted by Albionmad View Post

Sorry mate but the same arguments were trotted out during the Ashes 75 series down under , the 76 WI series at home where there was no respite from their 4 fast bowlers. Then we had the 80s and 90s and early 00s domination of Aussie quicks and Shane Warne. Here and there we triumphed but not over a prolonged period. The players you mentioned above had their day but never dominated like McGrath, Warne. Langer, Hayden, Gilchrist and so on.

We're crap and governed by money mad admiinistrators
    You make a good point Albionmad.
    I actually remember the cricket governing body implementing a rule that prohibited the WI from using continuous fast pitches...I think they restricted the bouncer to one an over...such was the superb bowling strike force of the WI back then.
    I believe the one day game has lowered the stroke skills of many a batsman today.....I remember G Gooch carrying his bat for well over a full day to save a test...It took concentration and skill to pick the shots to play and mostly defend...
    Players dont really have the stamina tor concentration to stay in for more then a few hours...

I don't know why you people keep watching and expecting England to win. They have never been any good, you should know that by now. It's a blessing more countries don't play the game or we wouldn't be in the top 50.
    Now take your average Aussie cricketer, big, tanned brawny, looks every inch a winner. Liable to say things like, Whatsay we go down the boozer later and blow the froth off a cold one sport?
    Now your average Englishman is a pink podgy faced ex public schoolboy, who probably enjoys Fox Hunting and being tied and spanked.
    I doubt he would be able to scare a Vicar.

Just face it guy's, we are shyte, always have been always will be. Just get it into your heads that if it don't rain we will lose, and enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I don't know why you people keep watching and expecting England to win. They have never been any good, you should know that by now. It's a blessing more countries don't play the game or we wouldn't be in the top 50.
    Now take your average Aussie cricketer, big, tanned brawny, looks every inch a winner. Liable to say things like, Whatsay we go down the boozer later and blow the froth off a cold one sport?
    Now your average Englishman is a pink podgy faced ex public schoolboy, who probably enjoys Fox Hunting and being tied and spanked.
    I doubt he would be able to scare a Vicar.

Just face it guy's, we are shyte, always have been always will be. Just get it into your heads that if it don't rain we will lose, and enjoy the game.
    Good post 55...spot on!

Never had any contact with any private school in my life but it is hardly a great surprise that most of our team come from this area. Cricket has almost disappeared from state schools and most local clubs are dying on their feet. Some argue the cost and the time taken to play are restrictive but this isnt the case in Oz where the game is still flourishing, especially at school level.

King football rules in this country to the detriment of all other sports. It doesn’t cost a lot, is easy to understand, doesn’t need a lot of coaching and is over in a relatively short time. Tv coverage is at saturation point and you struggle to find any cricket especially if some great event such as the Women’s World Cup football is on! No wonder even every country in Africa with no money can still put out a decent side to compete on the world stage.

Thank heavens for the traditions and investment in cricket that the private schools make because without it we would be in an even greater sorry mess.

Extraordinary victory by England!!!!!! I think Stokes may just have eclipsed Botham of 1981?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)