Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
I listen to the experts.

Reports from that match were that he’d come through it well and if I remember correctly he’d taken at least a couple of wickets.

I’m nearly 58 and since Anderson’s age I’ve suffered with calf strains a lot so I can give you “chapter and verse” on them.

I’ve just been forced into a two week rest period due to a nasty little strain on my left one a few weeks back that wasn’t improving with a lighter work load.

I went out today and did my normal 4 1/2 miles at a careful and reduced pace because to do otherwise is sheer stupidity.

I’m a million miles away from an elite trainer like Anderson but I can assure you of this.

1/ As I gradually build this up over the next two weeks I’ll be back to my rather sad best.

2/ In 10 days from now Anderson would have Leicester stiffs wondering where their next run was coming from and if selected......he’ll be making the Aussies squirm.

By 4th September it’ll be five weeks since his slight calf strain and with world class rehab and a top class athlete knowing his own body I think we can all feel comfortable that if Anderson is on the pitch he’ll do the business.

If not him I hope Curran gets the call because Woakes is as much use as my a r s e at present.
Try listening to what the experts say regarding Woakes.

A pity you are not as nice a man as you think Jimmy Anderson is with your disrespect of Leicestershire young cricketers.